4: A dark dance

"Is this the way to speak to your future queen?"

Lisa's voice rings in Jungkook's ears.

"Does anyone in the god forsaken place know how to knock?"  Taehyung grits his teeth in irritation.

"Aww come on. The night is over. Leave this used-up toy and spend time with a real woman instead."

Lisa locks her arms around Taehyung's neck, and Jungkook feels something painful twisting in his gut. He reminds himself that Taehyung is just his captor and he shouldn't care about him. Lisa looks at jungkook, she wants him to say something.

"Uh master... Congratulations on your wedding"

"There is no wedding. We're not engaged." saying this Taehyung pulls Lisa's arms off of him. She huffs.

"Well, not yet. But we will be, after tonight. Speaking of, half the castle's asking for you. It seems you've neglected some of your preparations." Taehyung grits his teeth as lisa kisses him on cheeks.

"Come, slave. Seems we have business to attend to" Taehyung addresses to Jungkook wanting to take Jungkook with him.

"Leave him here. I'll go with you."

"No."

Taehyung sweeps out of his chambers at an alarming pace, leaving lisa behind. Jungkook runs to catch up to him.

"So you're going to propose to her?"

"No, she's the last person I'd propose to. But she's one of the several dragons competing for my hand. I have to choose one tonight. At the betrothal ball. "

"Tonight? That's seems convenient. You can take your pick." 

" 'Convinient' Not the word I'd use." There was sadness evident in Taehyung's voice but Jungkook didn't understand what he meant.

"Your highness!" Taehyung's pulled into a room where several tailors take his measurements. After a while, he bats them off. When he reaches for the door, Jungkook moves to follow him. But Taehyung halts him.

"You stay here. I have....other things to deal with."

Jungkook opens his mouth to protest, but taehyung shoves him into the arms of the tailor.

"Take his measurements too. I want him shining tonight."

"Yes, your grace."

Taehyung leaves, and Jungkook stares after him as tailors measures him from head to toe. Jungkook knew Taehyung was hiding something from him but he didn't knew what. Finished with their work, the tailors shuffle out of the room, locking it behind them. But they leave something behind: a small sewing needle on the ground.

Evil thoughts start filling Jungkook's coconut head. He dives onto his knees in front of the door handle, picking the lock with the needle. The lock finally gives away. But just as the door opens, someone behind him grabs his wrist.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook spins around to find Taehyung scowling down at him.

"Taehyung, I was just trying to escape." Jungkook says nonchalantly.

"You're honest, atleast." Taehyung pulls him closer, forcing him on his feet.

"When I leave you alone I expect you to stay put."

Jungkook thinks Taehyung will squeeze his wrist till it breaks. But he gently turns it over, placing two fingers upon it.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"As I suspected. Your pulse is weak."

Taehyung runs his thumb over the fresh scrapes he got during the hunt, a low growl rumbling in his throat.