5: Fall for me

Jungkook's piercing scream echoes over the sharp mountain crags as he plunges to his death. He's sure it's the last thing he'll ever hear..... until a new sound fills the air. The sound of wings.

Taehyung's enormous, obsidian dragon form, cutting though the clouds, heading straight for him. But the rocks look like they'll reach him sooner.

Jungkook reaches for taehyung, his hand outstretched. He's just tooo far. Jungkook braces himself for his grizzly demise. But with a deafening roar and a flash of ice blue eyes, Taehyung thrusts himself beneath Jungkook, just in time.

"Taehyung you—"

Taehyung's speed is too great. He can't stop. They both plunge into a small mountain cave at high speed. Taehyung's powerful wings flap hard  to slow down, but they scrape along the jagged cave wall, shredding before Jungkook's eyes.

Suddenly, Jungkook's marked arm explodes with pain, as though it was him who was just sliced open. Jungkook screams and Taehyung roars. He pulls his wings around jungkook in a protective cocoon as they both SLAM into the cave floor.

When Jungkook opens his eyes, Taehyung is human again, pinning him to the ground.

"Are you....... alright?"

Taehyung's voice is husky and low, completely out of breath. And his right arms is shredded to ribbons, bleeding profusely.

"What? Am I alright?"

"You were pushed from a cliff, so yeah. I'm asking if you're alright."

"But you took the blow, your arm—"

"Just answer the question, Jungkook. Are you alright?"  Taehyung's eyes flash blue as he looks down at jungkook, his breathing labored.

"I'm fine, but you need to toughen up, dragon."

"Sorry. Must not look great right now." Taehyung tries to smile but a sharp pain shoots through him. He clutches his arm and doubles over. "Fuck." Blood seeps through his fingers. When he squeezes his arm, Jungkook's own arms seizes with pain.

Tears prick Jungkook's eyes as he claws at his bandaged mark. Taehyung stares down at him in shock.

"I thought you were alright, what's wrong?"

"M-my arm. It feels like it's on fire! Are you punishing me?" Jungkook asked as he looks at Taehyung with his tear-filled doe eyes.

"No. Of Course not." Taehyung carefully removes the bandage to reveal his marked arm.

"There's nothing wrong with it, it's not even bruised."

"It's the Dragon's Mark. Our bond. My pain must cause you pain."

"What?"

"Think about it. You've felt it before. Moments where you could feel what I feel. Even my emotions."

What Taehyung says rings true. The moments where his arm would throb. Where Jungkook would feel Taehyung's jealousy. His rage.

"At the ball.... When felix grabbed me..."

"You felt me then? So, you know I wanted to kill him."

Jungkook nods. A fresh wave of pain overtakes Taehyung, and Jungkook feels it, too.

"There's only one way for us to take care of this." Taehyung starts pulling off his shirt.

Jungkook's doe eyes widen. "Taehyung I do NOT consent."

"What? What do you think I'm trying to do?" Taehyung pulls his shirt off slowly and for a moment Jungkook forgets to breathe. His rolling muscles flex in the dim cave light, the reflection from the nearby pool dancing on his skin. "I need you to set the bone in my arm."