3.

I'm definitely fucking him with my eyes.

We are still at the local cafe, still talking, and outside it's still raining. I feel bad for whoever was outside experiencing the anger of Zeus that woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Thunders and loud roars like thousands of lions are filling the storm, while me and this guy were in this really cozy, warm café, drinking our coffee and living our best life. 

"So what do you do in life? " He suddenly asks, and thanks to him, I choke on my drink, coughing and trying to grasp for air. Good question. I wipe off my chin a few drops of coffee and return to face him, his eyes moving from the spilled coffee to me.

"I'm an accountant." I try to convince myself more than to actually convince him, and as I empty the towel dispenser to clean all I've spilled on my shirt, he laughs under his breath. I don't know which god or goddess sent me this guy randomly since my trusted karma can not be, for obvious reasons, but I thank them from the bottom of my heart. Still, suspicion in me rises.

Before he can ask me anything further, my purse vibrates; someone is calling me. I eventually reach my phone after a bunch of recipes and empty boxes of gum, seeing the name Blaise show on the screen. Before I can answer, I see six lost calls by his sister, which starts to worry me since she hates when I don't answer her calls after two exact rings. Please don't be mad.

"Where the hell is your ass at? My sister's been calling you to the point that I think she ended her credit." I could hear the voice of Nisha in the background, mumbling curses most likely directed at me, and the unbearable sound of her heels made my nerves itch.

"I'm sorry, I'm at the local cafe behind the corner of the supermarket; It's raining cats and dogs here, I went in without a second thought. Are you guys ok?" I feel him breathing heavily through the phone, making my nails dance on the counter near one of the recipes.

"If I said yes, I would be lying; we're back from a meeting; I'm going to mention it when I see your face finally at home; I'm going to help this sister of mine calm down since she's walking in circles around me. Gosh, I might throw up," and before I could say anything else, he ended the call.

"Everything ok?" Gabriele asks me, looking like he heard every single word. His black hair falls on his face, and as he passes a hand through it, he never breaks our eye contact.

"I think so; my friends were just worried about me; I never go missing without saying a word." He nods and returns his attention to his phone, probably texting someone.

We remain in silence for a bit, but fortunately it isn't as awkward as I expected at first; he's on his phone and I'm just scrolling on Pinterest. Suddenly I feel my eyes tired, my head starting to spin,  and my eyelids pulsing, making the pain fade and come again. The nausea starts to kick in, and I start seeing black spots.
I try to shake it off, thinking it's just anemia, but it only seems to worsen.

I fall back, but a pair of hands catch my back from falling.

"The rain is calmer; would you mind if I walk you home?" He asks, and without thinking twice, I nod. We pay, and as we pass the door, he puts his jacket on my head, keeping his hands tight on my shoulders, preventing me from falling to the ground. I've never had these symptoms before, not even on my worst periods. 

At first sight, he frightened me. His neck tattoo and black hair made him look like he wasn't your typical boy next door, but something made me change my mind.

I come to a stop three houses behind ours, and as I begin to remove the soaked jacket off my head, he slowly replaces it. When I raise my eyes to glance at him, he smiles and looks me in the eyes. "Keep it; take it as an apology for spilling your groceries all around the sidewalk." I manage to giggle without choking because of the cold air.