19.

"120..121..122..123..." I started counting the number of times I've seen the painting of an Egyptian god hanging on the same wall in the same spot. Circling around the room is the only way to keep me sane, even if I'm not in that horrid basement anymore, looking at the same blood stain of the mosquito I just killed. But still, the fact that I'm locked up here drives me nuts.

I stop in the middle of the room, sitting on the carpet, while I'm all dizzy. I try to hear even the smallest noise—the sound of a door opening, Antaura chugging water, a fight, or an alarm—but nothing. I came here after a small paper was thrown in my room, and morse code was again there.

Go to master room, 3H. B.

I was in his room, and I first thought to hide, but my other plan was perfect just as it rolled. Even better than perfect.

I sit down, and I still can't hear a thing.

Until I do, and it's here, not from the door.

A screwdriver, something is happening, and I hope I'm not kidnapped while I'm already kidnapped. Does it make sense? I jump from the carpet and hide in a corner, covered by the side of a wardrobe. Twenty minutes have passed, and I hear a sudden thump, too far away to startle me. The window is on the ground.

Someone enters, a deep smell of roses gets to my nose, and something in my brain clicks, sending my knees to the ground, but I hold myself. Fuck I'm about to vomit. I recognize that horrible smell from one cologne. I cannot be sure yet.

"Psst, it's me; come out." I drag myself from the wardrobe to the actual ground. His dumb earrings and that flashy smile scream one thing: I'm going home.

"Blaise you, motherfucker," I whisper in between sobs. I ran toward him and hugged him as tightly as I could. I tremble like a leaf, and my teeth are smashing the capillaries of my lip. I almost faint from the smell, and I can just name this feeling 'hope'. I regained the hope of not dying alone here. But then I catch a glimpse of his outfit. He's wearing a tight black suit made of latex. I can't help but let out a small chuckle, despite the tears streaming down my face. Here I am, clinging to this man for dear life, and he's dressed like a porn star. I guess you never know what kind of outfit will bring you hope in the darkest moments, especially if it's on Blaise, since probably he didn't have anything else to wear.

"Blaise my tracker, my-"

"Already taken care of; let's get you out of here first." He lowers down, "But Nisha"

"Will you shut up?"and I jump onto his back; he reaches the stair he climbed on. I open my eyes, and as I turn my head, my blood dries up in my body. There's one of the brothers waiting for us, and I instinctively pat Blaise on the shoulder.

"Blaise, blaise, blaise, it's a trap." He ignores me, and we reach the ground. I take off and run the other direction, but Blaise stops me. 

"He's with us."

I shoot my eyebrows upward, and I see him smile. 

I shut up and let myself be guided by him, and Emanuele Is ahead of us, leading the way towards the small door next to the car's. He opens it and nods.

This is the part where we run.

The image of Angelo pops up as I run from their place, various branches hitting my face as I zigzag between trees. He seemed unsteady from our last conversation, and a repeated beat of my heart wakes me a little, fatigued and distressed. He reminded me of me the moment I started trusting him. But now, as I sprint through the darkness, those memories of trust are overshadowed by the painful memory of betrayal. How could I have been so blind? The weight of his deception hangs heavy on my shoulders as I push myself to run faster, desperate to escape the pain and heartache he brought upon me.