22.

My ears cease to hear, static noisestopping me from hearing anything else. I feel a pair of arms grabbing me and dragging me, but they stop immediately as someone shoots whoever was behind me, taking me in new arms. I loosen up the pressure on my ears and I meet his eyes. They were pitch black, covered by his hair. A shiver runs on my spine, fear and pressure mezsing my brain chemestry.

I can't understand why I'm drawn to him. I feel myself hurting as I hear him, but when I meet his gaze my world collapses, along with my principles. He's arrogant, selfish, and has an inflated sense of self-importance. And yet, whenever I'm around him, my heart races and my palms grow clammy. I tried to ignore these feelings, to push them aside and focus on what he did to me. But every time I see him, those feelings from before the festival come rushing back, stronger than ever.

I kick my heels off my feet and take the gun off the floor. I look around, people over people dead because of us. The left side of the restaurant collapsed and the poor innocent people died as the bomb exploded. I see a man running towards me, and I shoot witgout a second thought. I run near a pillar as I hear bullets being shot towards me, and my entire body spasms at the realisation of what's going down. I manage to catch a glimpse of the others, and I see no one is laying on the ground, which relaxes me a bit. I shoot the attacker that was aiming me, and then I hear a voice from the speakers

"I hoped you would be smarter than to come all together in one single public place, you just made my job easier". Number one, how the hell those speakers survived after all that, and two, his voice is as annoying as when I sucked him off.

I take a look to my right and Angelo is dragging a guy by the neck unbothered looking at one of the speakers. He looks towards me and his mouth mocks a smile, mimicking with his thumb to wipe my smeared lipstick. I break eye contact and shoot the guy he had in hand right in the head, his smile dropping. I raise my shoulders and walk towards the others, seeing that part of the attackers are already dead. I run towards Blaise, seeing he has a large cut on his cheek, but his expression never falters.

I take a napkin and press it on, my sudden movement startling him

"Never do that again. not during a goddamn shooting" I laugh, but then we bow down after an army of bullets strikes towards us. We see a group of people running towards us, so we do the sanest thing and slid under a table.

"I saw a backdoor before the shooting started" he begins to say "If we could go under these tables towards it we could get away alive" I frown, but another set of bullets shoot around. I look at him and start pointing towards the other's direction, towards the other guys. He shrugs, but I feel a grip to my heart as I remember them fighting before.

My thoughts die as soon as a sudden fresh wind replaces the heat of the long silk table covers that surrounded us.

I feel my body stiffen and my eyes squinting, but two fingers tap onto my shoulder. I look over and see Iuliano signing to get up and follow him. I look towards Blaise but he's already up and walking, so I hurried and followed along.

We started running towards an undefined place, but my eyes broke into tears.

In front of us was Emanuele, shot in the forehead, his body colder than it should be. I turned to see Blaise; his legs ceased, and he took him in a tight embrace. Blaise's eyes were filled with tears as he hugged his corpse.

He couldn't believe that he was gone forever, and he showed a deep sense of loss and despair. He showed through messed-up screams and weeping that life would never be the same without him, and he wished he could turn back time to tell him he actually loved him.

He was caressing his curly hair, now painted in crimson blood, and rocking him in his lap as his heart ached. The room was filled with an eerie silence except for the sound of his sobs. He knew that he would never be able to hold him again, and the thought made him feel numb.