15.

I'm pushed into their office, and as soon as I sit down, the loud sound of the youngest twin barging in catches my attention. It's only the two of us, and he's definitely freaked out by something unknown to me. I see him go around the desk and sit down, and as he drops his head into his hands, he rapidly speaks.

"Who's the guy with two different eye colors that was at the entrance of your festival?" I catch a big breath on my own. The Blaise effect

"I have no idea." I look directly at him, resisting the urge to blink. He giggles nervously and ruffles his curly hair, making it messier than it was.

He takes his glasses down and points at me with them, saying, "You're a good liar, but this time I know for a fact he was seen multiple times with you. Hidden boyfriend? Adopted brother?" I almost laugh, but I feel a little pain at the side of my hip that stops it. Might be a sign.

"Believe me, he's not interested in me; for god's sake, he's not interested in any woman." I watch him pinch the bridge of his nose. He's mad at me for wasting his time.

"Bloody hell, just tell me who that is." The punch he drops on the table shakes it, and my humor is humbled quickly enough. The softest guy doesn't seem soft at all.

"Why do you care?" Now he's pissed, but not just pissed, but really pissed. I catch the aim and continue speaking, looking at the gun's handle peeking from his pocket. "I lived with him my whole life," he's nodding and pointing to the door. I hesitate but still stand up and make my way outside, where all the other brothers stayed, and as soon as I leave, they all walk inside.

I don't think twice, and my ear is leaning onto the door, hearing noises from the inside that are deciphered quickly enough. ricevuto un messaggio... l'amico della ragazza... penso stiano complottando... venire qui—yes, I didn't understand shit, but messaggio, amico della ragazza, and venire qui are the words that Duolingo teaches you the first time you access the app.

Blaise sent a message to them, and they might both come here, those idiots. I distance myself and walk towards my room, and when I do, a hand grabs me before I can take the handle and drags me into the room itself.

I panic at the sudden action, but as soon as I saw Esra, I exhale in relief. She's all dressed up: dark hair down straight, red matte lipstick, and her signature leather jacket. I look at her, waiting for her to say something, and when she took a big breath, she finally broke the ice.

"Sorry to startle you, but I really needed someone to speak to that isn't my sister." She opens the window and lights up a cigarette, massaging her temples. She seems really troubled, and I can see her eyes being redder than before.

"Why me, though?" I ask her, and she sadly smiles.

"You seem fucked up like me, so I said, why not?" I smile. I'm not able to say I'm not, so I laugh it off. Preach

"Thank you, I guess, for the thoughtful compliment." We laugh, and she shakes her head, letting a cloud of smoke out the window.

"Why do you think men are stupid?" She definitely knows how to startle. I look at her and an involuntary laugh escapes my lips. It's going to be interesting

"I don't know; they just... are, I guess. Why? Someone messed up?"

"They all do it in the end, but some are more gentle in doing it, you know?" I look at her tearing up, and if I wasn't so confused by it all, I would have been less useless.

"And believe me when I say that they are the reason I don't do serious relationships or relationships at all. Forbid the moment someone asks me how my past ones were." She stops and watches my reaction to it all.