}•{ Aakarsh's apology

~•} C H A P T E R|48 {•~

"Don't touch my shoes,"

Naina snapped her head towards her exhausted-looking husband and shook her head in annoyance.

If he had that much problem with her touching his shoes, he would have kept it neatly in the first place.

She knew he abhorred when she touched his shoes, clearly thinking of it as one of her duties her stepmother probably taught but oh how wrong he was.

She just felt gross seeing dirty shoes with used socks springing out of them and touching the floor.

Aadarsh scoffed when she didn't listen to him and continued.

Not a new thing though. She had stopped listening to him at all these days and somehow he thought of it as a 'progress' even though he didn't like this progress all the time.

He came back from the bathroom and found her looking lost. Something she had been doing for quite a few days now.

He let it go wanting to give her space but it seemed now was the time he needed to get the matter in his bulky hands.

Plopping himself behind her on the couch, he raised his brows in a questioning manner and Naina simply sighed wrapping her arms around him.

"What happened?" He was the first one to ask and Naina looked at him through her lashes,

"Ruhan--"

Aadarsh frowned at the name, his mind running miles to recall the name he probably heard before.

Naina evaluated his reaction and pulled her bottom lip under her teeth in anticipation but when he splashed water on her anticipation with a cold sigh, she clenched her jaw to brush away the botheration.

"Who's Ruhan?" Aadarsh grumbled clearly taking offense in her reaction to his prior expressions.

"Bhabhi's brother," Naina reacted with a straight face and was quick enough to throw another set of questions not letting him speak,

"How's he? I mean-- what was he like at their wedding?"

At this Aadarsh's forehead crinkled in disapproval, "I've never seen or heard about a person with this name. There were merely four-five people from her side and I don't remember anybody like Ruhan,"

Naina's shoulders sagged as a wave of disappointment washed over her, crushing any hope of finding a piece of information regarding, Ruhan.

But soon the realization of his words settled within her causing turmoil of questions to rise within her.

She didn't disappoint herself by staying quiet either,

"Why? I mean why would someone miss their only sister's wedding Aadarsh?"