20

Jin put a hand on Jimin's shoulder and spoke softly, "Jimin, I--"

Jimin yanked his hand away rudely, 'Don't touch me, Mr. Kim.' He roared, making Yoongi and Jin stammer in surprise.

Jin took two steps back. Tears again filling his eyes as he tried to speak again, 'M-minnie?'

Jimin: It's Jimin for you.

Namjoon stood up, 'Jimin! Stop being so hard on hyungs-

Jimin snapped his eyes to Namjoon and glared, 'Hyungs? Are they my hyungs? If they are then they would have keep my promise! THEN HOBI HYUNG WOULDN'T BE IN OT, FIGHTING FOR BREATHES, DMAN IT!"

Tae rushed in the scene, panting heavily and looked all around his hyungs face, trying to figure out what to do to make the environment at ease!

Jin: Min, I'm sorry-

-Sorry?" Jimin's voice was bitter. "Sorry doesn't cut it, Kim Seokjin. You promised you will always keep my brothers safe! And now Hobi hyung is in OT for god's sake cause you guys failed! You let my promise die." His voice broke at the end, making Jin cry even more.

Yoongi: Jimin-ie! We know you are so angry with us and you have every right to be! But please listen to us for once? Yoongi said in a gentle tone, 'We just want to talk to you...you should know what happened there-"

Jimin didn't move, his gaze fixed on Yoongi. "Talk to me? After what happened to Hobi hyung? I don't want to hear anything you guys want to say. I need to know NOTHING!"

He yelled on the empty corridor, just containing the brothers now. His face was red in anger, disappointment and worry, eyes are glossy with angry tears. He was scared, so so scared when he saw his Hobi hyung in the Operation table, covered in his own blood, unconscious!

That was like his worst nightmare! He never thought he had to do a surgery of his own hyung with his own hand and fight for his life in operation table!

That's the reason he always hates the fact his hyungs are mafias! He doesn't want them to get hurt, never ever!

Namjoon: Jimin that wasn't what it's looks like. Hobi hyung was-

Jimin: Don't! Just don't try to pacify me with any of your bullshits! I don't want any explanations or excuses.' He said in his deepest and coldest voice.

Yoongi knew he had to say something, he couldn't let things escalate any further, "Jimin, I understand that you're upset and you have every right to be. But please, let us explain what happened. We didn't mean for any of this to happen to Hobi."

Jimin's eyes narrowed even more, his fists clenched at his sides. "Explain? What explanation could you possibly have for nearly killing Hoseok hyung? You were supposed to be his backup, Yoongi Kim. And you both," he pointed to Jin and Namjoon sharply; 'You guys are supposed to protect him from doing any stupid things and get hurt! WHERE WERE YOU, HUH?'

Jin cried looking down, 'I-I know I messed up. I let my dongsaeng do stupid things....I know I broke your promise and I...I failed as the eldest hyung.' he broke on his knees and Namjoon was quick enough to hold him.

Tae ran to them and kneeled beside Jin, hugging him tightly and looked at Jimin with silent pleading eyes. Jimin's face and gaze softened and he looked away to hide his own tears.

Jin: I-I'm so sorry Jimin-ie! I'm so sorry...I want to make things right. But Jimin, I promise to be a better hyung from now on. I won't let any of my dongsaengs put themselves in danger again.... I want to be there for Hobi and for you all, if you'll let me....please?"

Jimin's face softened as he looked at his eldest hyung, 'You are not a bad hyung, Jin hyung. I'm sorry for being rude to you.' he sighed and then looked away from all of them and said in a choked voice, "H-how you guys let this happen to Hobi hyung? How you couldn't even protect him?"

Yoongi felt a lump form in his throat. He knew Jimin's anger was justified, but he didn't know how to apologize or make things right. "I'm sorry, Jimin. We didn't know this was going to happen. We're all just as upset as you are."

Jimin snorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Oh, you're upset? That's nice to know. Meanwhile, Hoseok hyung is lying here unconscious because of your carelessness...I couldn't even told my makhne that his hyung is in OT. How could I?"

Every hyung there felt a pang of guilt and looked down.

Tae sighed and stepped forward cautiously, trying to reach out to Jimin. He held one of Jimin's hand softly, and Jimin didn't say anything...he let Tae hold him.

Tae: Jimin hyung, please calm down a little and try hear them out for once, please. We understand your feelings, but we also need to talk about this," he said, his voice soft and steady, 'right?

Jimin turned his glare towards Tae, his fists clenched tightly by his side. Tae cowered under his gaze...

Jimin: You don't understand anything, Taehyung! Hobi hyung don't understand! And none of you do!" he spat out turning to his hyungs, his anger boiling over. "All you care about is your stupid mafia business, and look where it's gotten us! Hobi hyung is lying in the hospital, fighting for his life, and all because of your damn business!"

Yoongi stepped forward as well, his expression grave. "We know we messed up, Jimin," he said. "We never meant for anything like this to happen. But we need you to listen to us, please.'

Jimin: I just don't want to! I have always hated this damn mafia stuffs, I asked each one of you to come out from that. I asked Hobi hyung, asked you, asked Jin hyung-each one! You see why I was like that now? Maybe it could've been you rather than Hobi hyung and I would've reacted the same way I'm doing now! CAUSE I FREAKING LOVE YOU ALL! YOU ARE MY WORLD HYUNGS!'

They cried together with Jimin as Jimin ranted on them.

Jin stepped forward, his voice shaking with emotion. "Jimin, please...we didn't want any of this to happen. We never wanted to put Hoseok hyung in danger. It was a mistake...a mistake that we deeply regret."

Jimin's eyes flickered to Jin, his expression hardening. "A mistake?" he spat. "You call it a mistake? You knew what you were getting into, what you were risking. And now Hoseok hyung is paying the price for those mistakes."

Yoongi stepped forward, his voice low and steady. "We're not asking you to forgive us, Jimin. We're not even asking you to understand. We just want you to know that we're sorry. And we're going to do everything in our power to make it right."

Jimin shook his head, his anger still simmering. "I don't know if I can ever forgive you for this," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "But I'll never forget what you've done. And I'll make sure that Hoseok hyung never forgets either...Whatever you guys need to explain to me, you can do it once Hoseok hyung get back to home, I'd like to have a talk with you all. Be prepared."

They all shivered on the tone of Jimin. Maybe he is the third makhne in house, but they all fear an angry Jimin, he is not the one to be messed with. And when he says he needs a talk, that's serious.

Jimin wiped his stray tears, 'Excuse me for now please.' And he walked away without looking back for once.

Jin and Yoongi exchanged a worried glance, so did Tae and Namjoon-both realizing that they had a long way to go before they could earn Jimin's forgiveness. But they were determined to try, no matter what it took. For Hoseok's sake, and for the sake of their brotherhood...