Chapter Ten: The long but not really awaited phone call

︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿

A ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏғ ɪᴄɪɴᴇss ɪs ᴘʀᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴄʜɪʟʟs ᴏғ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss. Iɴ ɪᴛs ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴀʀɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛs ᴄᴏʟᴅ sɪᴅᴇ ᴜɴғᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇʟʏ ᴡɪɴs, sᴏ ɪɴ ɪᴛs ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ ɪᴛs ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ʜɪᴅᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇ ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴏɴʟʏ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ. Sᴏ, ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ sᴀʟᴛʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ɪɴ ɪᴛs ʜᴀɴᴅs, ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛs ʟᴏᴠᴇ. Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛs ᴍɪɴᴅ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀɴ ᴜɴɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴀʙʟᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴇ. Tᴏ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ɪɴ ɪᴛs ᴄʟᴜᴛᴄʜᴇs. Cᴀʀɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ. Lᴏᴠɪɴɢ ɪᴛ. Oɴᴄᴇ ғᴜʟғɪʟʟᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━

-That late night (eleven pm) Niki's pov

He lay in the fluff of his bed comforters and the constant silence that developed his room into a sort of tranquility. Deciding after he left Jay's house, which the male took forever to do. He had decided that he had postponed the unavoidable long enough.

Truth be told, he was avoiding calling the pink-haired male. Rather than it being something ill-mannered, he honestly didn't know. He did have his reasons, though. Rather, his reasons were actual reasons; he'd have to be the one to decide that.

And yes, he did think it was dumb to say that. Well, you'd think since he had the courage in the first place to ask for the male's number, he'd have the courage to call first. But in that impossible scenario, it actually wasn't impossible.

He was too scared to go through with it.

He had doubts. Rather, his idol crush, who is the beautiful Kim Sunoo, the number one model in the whole industry, actually knows his existence, and having his number is something he never guessed in a million years would happen. So he was scared that he would ruin this once-in-a-lifetime chance.

The chance being so far away from him. Trapped in the cage of his insecurities. If he would only take the initiative to use the key to open it, he would find that he had nothing to worry about. Would Sunoo just give his number to a random person? No. So he shouldn't have doubts. That just isn't fair to the other man.