45. Prepared

fan art by @WolflynD on Twitter!! Go follow them <3

♥︎☯︎Dream's POV☯︎♥︎

As the wedding gets closer, my days get shorter. For some reason, sapnap proposing felt like yesterday but the wedding is in two days. I look over at the boy in the passenger seat and smile, let's hope he says yes.

We pull up to the wedding venue and head in, George goes to the bridal suite to put his things for tomorrow up there and I head to Sapnap who is in the groom's suite. I feel my hands start to shake as I walk through the reception area, getting closer to the place where the proposal is going to happen. I'm proposing right on the dock, Sapnap and Karl's wedding photographer is going to take photos of us and George's reaction. I look over at the dock deciding to go there with Sapnap next to me to keep me calm, I see the groom's building and head over to it.

"hey man," Sap says as he guides me into the building.

"oh geez, it's pretty nice in here huh?" Sapnap nods in agreeance and he gives me a tour, throwing in some jokes here and there.

"this is crazy, we've been best friends since kids and at that time we were making a wedding for a girl, look where we are now." I laughed,

"both gay as hell?"

We shared a laugh and walked out, I spotted the dock again knowing I can't avoid it forever. I walk over making sure Sapnap is right behind me, he pats my back as we get closer. I feel my nerves lessen as I look over the edge, seeing beautiful fall colors hitting the water. This couldn't be more perfect.

"are you ready?" sap asked,

"as ready as I'll ever be I guess," I chuckled trying to keep my anxiety from rising.

"he's gonna say yes man, I can tell you that." I took a deep breath, smelling all the air around me.

"you're right, it'll be fine, everything is fine."

Sap and I decide to turn around, knowing that if I stay there longer I'll start to overthink the whole plan we've set up. I spot Karl and George walking over to us, I smiled. This is going to be great. I take a deep breath waving to them.

"so sapnap, will there be music requests or will it just be your rap music all night." we all laughed, and sap rolled his eyes.

"you can request songs, not Baby by Justin though because I can and will murder for that."

"what do you mean, that song literally is so good." geroge presses on.

Sapnap and George argue about it and start laughing, I turned to Karl and laughed. He shook his head at their antics.

"you're marrying that," I said and Karl laughed.

"well you're marrying the instigator so it's a lose-lose," we laughed.

"are you ready? For like, being with him your whole life?" I asked wanting to get deeper with Karl since we used to be closer before high school was out.

"yeah, I mean yes combined with unsure. Yes, he is the love of my life, I want him to be the one I wear a white dress for. I know that there will be fights, we've gotten past so many so I believe we can do it. I know we can. How about you Dream? You ready?" I thought for a little, and I nodded lining up many pros and only finding one inconvenience.

"I am, he's mine, he will forever be mine, the first time I saw him I felt it. I didn't quite know it yet but I knew there was something about him. I'm ready to walk through life with him, handling kids and raising dogs and cats. I just hope that I'm enough to help him get through everything. He is my person and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him because he deserves the world. I know we can do it, just like you know you and sap can."

Me and Karl shared a smile realizing our soon-to-be husbands were now wrestling and they looked like children. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Karl hugged me, I hugged him back.

"Sap and I are so lucky to have you guys," I smiled.

"we are lucky to have you too," Karl smiled back and we walked over to the boys.

"this is what I think about your music- oh hey baby... I was just messing around." Karl laughed at the unnecessary act Sap put on.

"come on you guys we got to get going, rehearsal dinner is tomorrow." we all walked out together exchanging hugs and saying our goodbyes until tomorrow.

George and I made it to the car, we shared a smile and drove away. George was enjoying the view outside, the light from the setting sun hit his face perfectly, making his eyes glow. My smile couldn't get any bigger, him just sitting there was enough to make me forget about everything for just a moment.

"dream?" George said,

"yes gogs?" I answered, coming up on our road.

"will we get married someday?" I froze.

"yes we will, I am sure of it." George smiled a tired smile and gazed back out the window.

We sat in comfortable silence the rest of the way back, George asked if we were going to get married. He's ready just like me, he's ready to spend his life with me. My one fear has been obliterated, he's going to say yes. Right?

We get into our house and George dragged himself upstairs and I heard the water start to run, he's definitely brushing his teeth. I need to quickly run up and do the same then go to bed because we needed to get up early.

"George hurry your ass up, we need to get up early."

"Shut up idiot." I felt a smile find its way to my face, I still found a way to roll my eyes.

"You say that now until we are up at eight am and you are complaining because you usually are up at least three hours later."

"Okay whatever dream let's just go to bed," I laughed and pecked George on the cheek.

I quickly set my alarm and laid down in bed, George still not under the sheets. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to hurry up. As soon as he got into the sheets I grabbed his waist and pulled him closer. I smiled at the scent of his hair, it smelt like the café shop he works at STILL. I laughed at the thought that he's still working at that old shop.

Skep and bad are going to be psyched at the wedding I just know it. We've gotten everything worked out and the ceremony will be great, and so will the reception. The reception.

It will be great.

1165 words