3: Gotta make sure you're alright...

Chapter 3! Yayyy

Warning of da chapter: mention of passing out and consequences of the car accident that happened some chapters earlier. Don't wanna spoil what will happen so whatcha waiting for? Read it! ;)

~~~~~~

The boys chatted for a long time. About their childhood, families, likes and dislikes and much more.

After a while, Liam and Nial had said goodbye to Louis before they were taken to hospital for the night for observation and a check-up. Everything seemed well with them, it was purely out of precaution.

They found it difficult to leave their best friend behind, but noticed that Louis got on very well with Harry, who promised to take Louis safely to the hospital and home afterwards.

After a long time they were finally alone and Harry was ready to get Louis out of the car, however he did really like to talk together.

"How are you feeling Louis? Ready to be freed from this metal box?" Louis nodded, looking at his arm. "It's a good thing you stopped the blood, it hurts a lot. I like seeing you shirtless tho." Harry laughed, he had seen that Louis's open fracture was bleeding pretty bad and had put his shirt around it to stop the bleeding.

He hated seeing Louis in pain, Louis was a good guy. They had learned a lot about each other and Harry had grown pretty fond of the boy, even though he had only known him a few hours.

Louis had the same, he may not have told Harry, but knew that Harry already knew.

Harry went to work. The car was difficult to break open in a way that Louis could get out but not be hurt by the car parts themselves.

After a while he managed to get the door open, only then he realised that he hadn't actually heard from Louis at all in the meantime. He had been so focused getting him out...

He threw the car door on the grass and was startled when he looked up again. Louis was pale, very pale.

His eyes were barely open and he was squirming, trying to get into a comfortable position, while whining in pain.

"Louis?!"

Harry hurried and wrapped his arms under his legs and supported his neck. He really shouldn't do this due to a possible neck injury, he knew that but he had no choice...

He lifted Louis into his car and put on his seat belt, sprinted around the car and got into the car himself.

He raced his way to the hospital, panic in his eyes and sweat on his forehead. He looked beside him every once in a while at Louis.

Louis opened his eyes slightly. Harry sighed in relief. "Louis?! Try to stay awake for me yes? We're almost at the hospital, what's hurting you the most?" Louis grunted and looked at Harry, his eyes full of pain, but also very clear. "My arm hurts a lot, Hazz..." he paused and then spoke again, a soft smile on his face. "If something happens to me-" Harry interrupted him. "Louis don't say that-" Louis shook his head. "If something happens to me and I won't make it, take care of my friends and..." his eyes beamed somehow.

"I loved getting to know you and taking time from you with our conversations, so promise me two things okay?"

Harry's cheeks were strained with tears as he pressed the gas pedal to drive even faster then he already did. He sighed. "Okay tell me just know that I'm not letting you die I'm doing everything I can to extend your life, especially yours Lou, you are special and I really enjoyed talking to you and would do that every day if I could and get the chance." A tear slipped down his cheek as Harry looked into the distance, then back to Louis.

Louis was too precious to let go. This wasn't professional, this wasn't planned, this was needed and damn, it felt good, it felt amazing.

Louis nodded, his eyes full of admiration. "Then take me on a date, if I get out of here alive. That, and promise me you will make sure that my friends are fine..."

Harry nodded, his voice hoarse and full of sorrow as he spoke. "I Promise, for both. I would love to take you out, just not to the hospital." He laughed through his tears, Louis the same.

Harry looked to the side and saw Louis his smile change into a neutral look, his eyes closing and his body slackening against the car seat, his head resting on Harry's shoulder.

Harry screamed as if he himself was dying, he really felt like he was about to, his heart was dying for Louis.

He kicked the pedals, one more minute and they were at the hospital. His cheeks were red, his body full of adrenaline, tears struck to his cheeks. He brushed them off with his sleeve, looking at the road ahead.

He looked at Louis, his pale but oh so beautiful face.

"Hang on Lou, I can't be happy with my timeline without you... it could be long, it could be fun, but I would always feel that something is missing, or rather someone, you..."

'If you don't have something and never know about it's excistence you don't miss it, once you have it and likely to lose it, you do miss it and do everything in your power to keep it and never let go again...' -N

~~~~~~

Phewww that was heavy, for me to write that at least. Don't really know why though, maybe because I could just see the scene in my head like I was there.

Oh well enough about me, what do ya'll think of the book so far, enjoy reading it?

Let me know your thoughts!

-N🦋