19: Welcome home, love

Hi!

How are you? Doing good and having a great day?
I honestly loved writing this chapter, but I felt like it was a bit rushed but in a way that it makes the story interesting?

I'm turning 18 next week, time flies! I remember when I wrote my first book around 2019, and it's now already 2023! *sobs in a cool way*

Disclaimer: I don't know everything about adopting procedures, this is purely fictional and for entertainment!

Anywaysss enjoy reading!

~~~~~~

"A match?!" Louis half yelled, now getting Harry's attention as well.

The lady explained that they had a little 3 year old girl living at the centre for a year now, waiting for a lovely place that they could call their forever home.

Harry and Louis had been matched due to the results of the personality tests they both had gotten earlier and the fact that the agency believed they could give this girl exactly what she needs.

Harry now snatched the phone out of his husbands hands, making the other boy pout but feel satisfied when he recieved a kiss on the cheek soon after.

"Ah alright so we can come over right now and if all is good and well we can take her home right away? Isn't that too soon for her? She doesn't really know us yet- hm yea I get that alright we're heading over to you right now." Harry hangs up the phone and gives it back to Louis.

"Well? We are gonna take her home right away?" Harry nods, suprised and excited that they are finally going to be parents.

"Apparently they showed her pictures of us already and told her lots about us, the lady told me she seemed very happy and wanted to come with us right away, I mean I guess it's a good sign?"

Now it's Louis' turn to nod. "As long as she's happy and comfortable, it's fine by me."

They look into each others eyes, both smiling wide. They hug each other tight, happy tears falling down on both the boy's cheeks.

Louis sniffs, pulling away slightly. "We're finally are going to be parents!"

Harry jumps up in joy and lifts Louis up in the air, spinning the both of them around in circles. "I love you so much, I'm so- I've honestly got no words, speechless."

"I love you more, babe. I know what you're feeling, the feeling is mutual, lets get the diaper bag and drive over, car seat is already strapped."

They both get ready and make their way to the centre, both nervous but feeling over the moon at the same time.

Once they arrive they walk over to the reception, holding hands. The lady at the desk smiles and greets them. "Ah you two must be Harry and Louis, follow me please. Are you ready to meet your little girl?"

They start walking down a long hall, once in a while turning a corner.

Louis scraches the back of his neck. "Well of course, but we don't know a lot about the girl, will we get some more information about her later? Her likes and dislikes, past, maybe a name?" He half frustrated asks, earning a slight smack on the arm from Harry.

"He means to say that while we're thrilled, we also feel like it's all going from 0 to 100 in the blink of an eye, we just got the call and with almost no information we are going to pick her up."

The woman waves if off. "The test is the biggest thing, you matched with her, I now while we walk will tell you something about her and the rest is for the both of you to figure out once having her home, you will also recieve official papers in the mail today, those need to be signed immediately and be send back, thats it."

Harry sighs and Louis squeezes his hand, trying to reassure the both of them that they are going to be fine.

The woman claps her hands. "I will make it quick, we're almost there. Victoria Mabel just turned three, father left when she was born, mother died of a heart attack when she was two years old. Victoria can be shy at times, but is overall a very happy, adventurous girl who likes to play games and interact with people, she is still in diapers due the fact her mother couldn't potty train her. Any questions?"

The boys almost aren't hearing her, too fixated on that beautiful name and the great description of her personality.

Harry than snaps out of it. "Ehm no questions, can we go and meet her now?" He squeezes Louis' hand, recieving a tight squeeze in return.

The woman stops her tracks and puts her hand on a large, wooden door in front of them. "Your life is going to change forever gentlemans, congrats!" They didn't know if she was sarcastic but it didn't matter to them.

The door opened and there she was, standing in the middle of the room, a staff member of the centre standing next to her with a small smile on her face.

She was beautiful. Long, brown hair reaching her shoulders. She had blue eyes just like Louis and as she smiled, the boys could see a dimple on display, a dimple just like Harry’s.

"Hi! Me Victoria, you daddy and dada?"