Chapter 4 - The Meeting

"Huh?"

"How did I get here.... whoa..."

Mocha had transitioned into her dimension, he was in her world. He didn't figure out how it happened, he felt dizzy at first and then in the blink of an eye, he was here.

He was sitting on his knees, on the floor of the pinkish grass. The traveler was speechless with amazement as soon as he lifted his head, acknowledging that he was in a forest, but it appeared very off.

The forest was crimson red. With the different shades of red leaves and trees with greyish and blackish trunks. Ruby bushes spread beneath the trees and roses were planted straight on the ground, scattered everywhere. Beautifully uneasy.

This might be a place where it could only be found in one's dreams or imaginations, which the traveler considered. The red-themed forest might seem a bit mischievous. The sky made him a bit frightened, seeing it in pure carmine. It was too red to be called a sunset, he was glad the clouds were still puffy white.

Mocha took several minutes to adjust himself, making sure he was not dreaming or seeing hallucinations. He slowly stood up, fixing his cape and his sling bag in position. His hazel eyes examined any danger or harm towards him before he proceeded to walk. He felt this had something to do with a lady back there, she must've bought him here.

"What am I supposed to do now?" Mocha muttered softly, ambled his way while touching the red gem bushes. He picked a rose from the ground, pulling it from the soil that seemed so disturbed. Some of the roses even grew on the trunks and the ruby bushes, he wondered how it would be possible to do such things. The scent in the woods was only, roses.

"I guess she liked roses." He murmured, skimming at the elegant spiky flower.

Suddenly an idea came to his senses, a face of delight plastered on his face. He scoured through his bag, pulling out an old, dull copper compass with triumph. He supposed that maybe using a compass in the woods would find his way, just like a regular forest back then. How could there be any differences? well, except for the colors, of course.

Shockingly, the compass went berserk. The arrows spun crazily, it felt like the compass was vibrating by itself. Somehow possessed in his hand. Beginning to hyperventilate, the compass slipped from his grasp, it fell we the ground and shattered helplessly.

"What just happened..." Mocha's breath began to get heavy as he watched compass chips and glass shards flung away, he felt isolated, remotely from nothing.

"Well, that was...unexpected." He spoke with a shaky breath, calming his senses down. The brave traveller took a deep breath, resurfacing his courage.

"I've been through this, I have been through a lot more! Hah! This is fine!" He let out confidently, convincing his scared inner self.

But then, high-pitched whistling was heard from above. The lost traveler once got distracted from his thoughts, he lifted his head to the sky. He witnessed an eagle, flying towards him in vigorous speed, with its big wings.

"An eagle...?" His shining hazel eyes squinted. "Is it coming towards me?"

Its presence became closer to Mocha, his senses alerted danger. His cat ears flattened against his head, creating a straight line that followed the contour of his skull. The pace of the eagle was too quick for Mocha to react. He seemed to freeze, like a statue. He closed his eyes and held his arms to cover his head, bracing for the eagle's impact, foolishly.

"No!" He rasped under his breath.

But confusion lured into the mind, as the impact was not delivered. Henceforth, the eagle was flapping his wings, oscillating before him. Holding a letter at its beak, it waited patiently for Mocha to take it.