Chapter 18 - Life is a lie

The great mansion's stillness had been going for days, almost a week. The two living beings were extremely reticent. They didn't open their mouth to speak to each other, not even a good morning or hi's and hello's. Mocha was using the house as he owned it, using the items and laying everywhere as he pleased. Meanwhile, Felicia let him be and go out whenever and wherever she wanted. Goes out late at night and returns in the morning just to have a nap.

Not that she didn't want to, but she was too afraid to talk first, day by day she hoped that Mocha would eventually say something. She would take a fast glance and peek to see how's Mocha doing. After what happened, the feeling of uselessness and irresponsibility crept up on her. The creator felt shame mixed with low self-esteem.

Sleepless nights haunted her, reminiscing about Danial and the fight had kept her up with the blame. The thought of seeing him again but never getting to be as close as she used to, its depressing sentiment was just unbearable for the once cold-hearted creator. Despite compressing her emotions and being cold after centuries.

She would look up to the ceiling with a heavy heart, looking in pity. In her regal dark room only brightened with the maroon night sky outside she stared endlessly, thinking about what alternatives she could have done and how she wished to turn back the time. Laying flat on her back in the comfort of her soft mattress was a little less to no help.

"If I wasn't so reckless..."

Eventually, in the morning, the sunlight peeked through the window. Causing her to squint her eyes. That has awoken her from her surprisingly restful slumber. Remembered how she was so exhausted to the point that she forgot to close the curtains had made the creator scoff.

She sat on the side of the bed, retrieving her senses from the sleep. She darted her eyes to the fancy clock on her wooden nightstand. 

"11:AM... it's been a while since I overslept."  She thought, raking her hand through her hair, brushing out the messy bangs that had been uncomfortable around her face. She stretched herself, tilting her neck to the side until it let out a pleasant crack sound.

A scrumptious smell passed through her nose within seconds, driving her to the morning hunger. Her concentration has focused on its source. Snapped her attention from her little stretching session.

"Someone cooked here."

Felicia headed downstairs, passed the living room, and headed to the kitchen. Expecting what she had expected. Her eyes traced the breakfast that had been placed on the dinettes. She rubbed the back of her head while dragging her eyes to Mocha, who was already looking at her.

Mocha was focused on cooking the eggs, then he noticed her presence which left him in awe. She was wearing a fitting black T-shirt and matching track pants. Her muscles were flexed when she held her arms to rub her head. The messy hair and tired look added up and just that, has tempted Mocha.

Felicia realized that Mocha had been staring for quite too long. She waved her hand to make sure, if he was just daydreaming all of a sudden or just rebooting his sensory faculty. The way he froze in place had made Felicia stunned and worried, regarding the eggs being cooked.

Mocha realized he had been staring too long, he immediately turned his gaze to the pan. "Uh... I made breakfast... you want some?" He asked, trying to hide his flushed face.

"Hm." Felicia hummed while nodding, ignoring his attitude when she knew exactly why he reacted like that. A small smirk appeared while she tried to hide it as she walked into the kitchen.

As the traveler finished cooking the scrambled eggs, he put them into a small glass bowl. "Let me bring them to the dining room-"

"No need, here's fine."