Chapter 38 - Reap, Monster.

In the darkness, the soon-to-be grotesque figure concealed itself, moving cautiously through the night. Desperate for solace, it eagerly sought anything to soothe its troubled spirit. The whispers in its mind incessantly urged it to harvest, to gather souls. Unable to bear the stifling confines of its rented casita any longer, it ventured outside, hoping to escape its tortured thoughts, only to discover a world in ruins, just as broken and desolate.

"Come on, Felicia. You need it." Said the distorted voice.

"Leave me alone!" Felicia rasped.

"You need us."

"I do not!" 

The restless woman walked down the sidewalk, her arms wrapped tightly around herself as if to protect herself from the outside world. She looked around furtively, avoiding eye contact with anyone she passed by. Her hood was pulled up, casting a shadow over her face as she tried to disappear into the anonymity of the city. Her athletic figure was covered with a cloak, which she clutched tightly around her body. 

Felicia's steps were slow and deliberate as she strolled aimlessly, lost in thought. She begged the darkness to leave her alone, seeking solace in the night's embrace.

"I let you control." The honeyed voice offered.

"Shut it!" She let out a loud yell, but the distorted, glitchy voice inside her mind made it difficult for people around her to comprehend as they couldn't hear them. She felt isolated. 

"See? These people think you're weird. A freak."

"No... just stop it." Muttered the creator. "Just leave me alone."

"After what you've done to Naomi? You have the audacity to say that?" 

Felicia's ears pricked up as the distorted voice echoed through her side, jarring her senses. She turned her head to the side and saw a reflection of herself in the glass wall of the building. The grotesque image stared back at her, with her menacingly proud horns and her dragon wings spread wide, casting a dark shadow as the black wings were accompanied by the faint scent of blood, staining her senses. The long tail of a spiky dragon, yet jaguar patterned reminded her of the innocent lives it had taken, by choking the neck of its victim.

And the eyes.

The eyes of a corrupt.

The eyes, possessed a hypnotic power, their quivering scleras a mesmerizing blend of crimson and ivory. They pulsed in rhythmic circles, their metaphysical glow drawing in unsuspecting souls, ready to be annihilated. The iris, once gleaming gold, now appeared as a ghostly shade. And within the pupils were like the hunger of a ferocious jaguar, longing for the taste of flesh. 

It was sickening, it was cruel, it was dreadful. 

Yet, it felt great. The power, the control. All feeding to her wants.

Felicia surrendered herself to the suffocating depths of the fiend city, as the inky blackness devoured any trace of starlight. The city's slumbering inhabitants lay dormant, some were oblivious to the rampant lawlessness that plagued the streets. With each step she took through dimly lit alleys, the air thickened with the stench of wrongdoing. Normally, she would have intervened, but tonight her troubled self made an insatiable longing compelled her to assimilate into the city of Celaudron. A city full of crimes.

"Hiding yourself in the worst part of this world, what's that going to help you?" The monster reflection of hers spoke, its arms gracefully behind its back, obscuring the sharp claws that always used to tear bodies into halves.