Chapter 14 - Consideration

"Please step on the stage, Danial Wilfred." The man instructed.

Danial took his step slowly on the stairs, the sound of his footsteps filled the arena. The sorcerer swore he could hear his breathing. The silence of the crowds waiting makes him more anxious, its nervousness tapping on his soft white skin. For centuries his been living under Felicia's shadow, and now he was taking her place.

Although he did not wish for it at first, but the public insisted on him.

"They need someone to admire, its the part of the tradition."

"Can you just pick someone else? or report to the person in charge above that I deny this position given?" Danial suggested, folding his arms to her broad chest as he felt the pressure out of nowhere.

"Tell Sylvia that I don't want this, she'll understand." Danial insisted.

"I'm afraid we can't do that, she is way too busy for this. Rules are rules, Danial."

"Ridiculous." Danial sighed, giving in.

As he finally stepped on the stage, His emerald green eyes scanned the crowd, taking in the sights and sounds around them. Danial tried to stand confidently, his imposing toned figure stood there menacingly. He clenched his fists. His black long trench coat billowed around him matching his pitch-black hair with two visible stripes of white locks that were blown in the breeze.

"Is this... how it feels like... to be admired?" Danial deemed.

"This feels... amazing..."

"I am taking her place... as the strongest immortal alive..."

He stood there proudly, never will ever he kept his head down. The crowds cheered for him, chanting his name like a prayer. He felt the rush of excitement coursing through his veins as his heart pounded in their chest. They finally announce his name as the most undefeatable immortal. The crowd goes wild, clamoured, and hollering in amusement as they finally have a new person to admire and to bet on a battle with.

"So this is how it feels like to be her..." He assumed.

"To be honest, Felicia. My time after you left was incredible. Everyone looked up to me you know..." Danial sneered, still not budging the axe of Felicia's throat. His eyes now sparked green smoke, and it glowed in the dim forest.

"It was not that bad, replace you in your place... sure it is quite tiring because they won't leave you alone when you need it... but overall it is quite  nice." Danial mockingly said, He channelled all the sealed hatred and sorrow through his hand and the axe. 

"You're kinda ungrateful, though."

"Danial stop it... it hurts..." Felicia pleaded. Her skin almost turned pale.

"Hurts? Since when did you become this weak? I am so surprised... and... disappointed..." Danial laughed.

"You had it all..." He whispered, his hot breath tickling her skin.

Felicia looked into his smoky eyes, begging him to stop. She was unable to push the axe away as he was too strong. Her hand was shaking absurdly, and the sweat coming out from her made her about to slide her grip on the rod.

"Give up, Fel... Say it.." Danial leaned closer to her right ear, hissing with poison.

Felicia had reached a point where she could no longer bear it. She eventually came to accept that she was now powerless. The once confident and commanding Felicia now seemed hesitant and unsure.

Felicia gathered all his strength to utter the words, she gave in, unwillingly.

"I-I...g-give...up!" Felicia blurted out loudly with a hoarse voice.