Chapter 16 - Guarantee

"Face me, Felicia." Danial spoke. His fists were clenched tightly.

"I will, soon they'll announce it when." Felicia snickered.

It was nearly sunset at the train station. The smooth collusion of sky burst reds and yellows shone into their faces, dimly illuminating them. The temperature slowly became colder, and so did the tension between them. The sound of chattering immortals filled their ears, making the wizard struggle to have a serious conversation.

"What do you mean?" Danial inquired, unsure of the subject matter which the creator had just conveyed. "Announce, what?"

"Soon you'll figure it out." Felicia said, her eyes were glowing red and her mark was a similar color. She neatened her white vest along with her ribbon which was now a bow tie, and wore her white drape jacket over her shoulder.

"Talk to me, Felicia." Danial said, Her mischievous act made him nauseated.

"Why should I?" Felicia asked, tilting her head sideways while staring through Danial's soul. Her corrupt energy was ushering. Danial could sense something wrong but he couldn't figure it out, yet.

He scrunched up his face, "Have you forgotten what we are?" Danial said.

"I certainly did not, what are you implying?" Felicia answered. The tall man sighed deeply.

A train thundered down the tracks, the deafening blare of its horn piercing through the air and rattling the bones of the immortals nearby. Danial hissed in irritation, the cacophony stealing his focus and making it impossible to hold a conversation with Felicia.

"Look Fel, I know you've been acting weirdly since Naomi. But you promised to seek help from me and I promised to help you through this!" Danial shouted, his voice oppressed by the sound of the train. He took a step closer to her, and unexpectedly Felicia jerked rearward.

"I told you I'm good as ever," Felicia said, laughing. Danial stopped his motions, his eyebrows raised at her weird demeanor. As the train barreled down the track, the gale of wind it generated whipped their hair and clothes into a frenzy. Felicia's maroonish hair flowed like a river, her luminescent eyes glowed in the darkness, masking her turbulent feelings beneath a facade of diabolical tranquility.  

She looked sinisterly calm, yet chaotic inside to Danial's eyes, He felt a little uneasy and uncomfortable.

Both of them had stayed closer to the yellow lines, yet they did not have a single affected on the rushing vehicle that had been continuously moving.

"I don't like this Felicia, snap out of it!" Danial confessed with narrowed eyes. "Seriously, I am uncomfortable with this."  The gust was causing his long, black coat to flail around him, which was only adding to his frustration.

"Is it so, Danial?" She sang his name in a tone as she walked to him and playfully orbited the sorcerer. She stroked his arm with her hand, caressing his broad shoulders from behind. The sorcery whirled and startled at her touch. 

"Yes, I am." He declared.

Danial felt a sense of unease as he was touched, his mind starting to question whether or not this was truly the Felicia he knew. The sensation was foreign and unfamiliar, causing him to wonder what had happened to his once-trusted companion.

Felicia let her hand rustle his back hair and moved to grab his neck gently. "Why is that?" She whispered alluringly. Danial jerked at the sudden grip, shaky breath was dismissed from his mouth. "Why is it so important?"