Chapter 56 - Banishment

In the used-to-be crowded arena, where battles used to occur for bets, where immortals fight for fun, where only entertainment was its tradition.

Today, it wasn't all that.

Today, it was a banishment of an immortal.

Without the brimming crowds, the seats were empty. The ring was circled with armored guards in gold and silver, ready to take action if the healer went to an escape.

"Kneel, peasant!" Shouted one of the guards as his armored feet kicked the purple-haired woman, causing her to tumble to the cold tiles.

Naomi barely managed to get on her knees with her arms cuffed behind her back, her long hair was a messy cascade down around her fair face. Her eyes flitted nervously upwards, towards the stands where the CEO observed her with her striking heterochromic eyes.

With a look of disdain upon her face, Naomi viewed the Sage above her, like a common peasant on the arena floor. The healer knew well enough, her banishment was for the CEO to not lose control of her powers.

She was afraid.

"You will never understand what I've achieved." The healer began, spatting words as she jutted her chin up. The spotlight illuminated her purple hair, casting a shimmering glow as she kept her eyes locked on the sage.

"Achieved to threaten your kind? Where is the pride in that?" Sylvia let out a chuckle, but her facial expression revealed a sense of disgust and disappointment towards the healer.

"You're afraid to lose power."

"Choose your words wisely."

The bickering arena was a symphony of raised voices, where Naomi's words roared with emotion, and Sylvia replied with a calm counterpoint.

"You're selfish. You didn't think about your work's effects on society, how much chaos you would occur." She rolled her eyes.

"You broke the rules, you started a rebellious act. You changed the way of life of Immortals!" She raised her voice. "Not to mention there are people who stupidly follow your act." Her silk palm was brought to her forehead, facepalming in distress. Sylvia knew she would deal with the rest rebels later.

"They follow me because they saw the truth!" Her words were like a knife in his chest, tears forming in her eyes not with sadness, but raging anger.

"And what is the truth?" The heterochromia eyes focused sharply on the healer. Their distance was close yet so far, with the sage at the stands and the healer on the floor. As if they were silencing sending daggers and missiles in speech.

"That this nature is not fair! Allegedly chosen for a second chance but it's even worse! You, higher-ups, feel nothing like us low-ranks!"

"You're being rebellious," Sylvia warned. "Ungrateful."

Amethyst eyes narrowed. "So that's why you made the rules? No rebellions? Because you're afraid people see the truth like I did?!"

"Silence!" Sylvia's grip on the railing tightened as she lurched forward and her glittery hair swayed back, her voice turned raspy and echoed through the arena. She yelled with all the force she could muster. The pink ribbon on her slim arm started to sway, her marks glowing. But the wise Sage knew best to remain calm as she recognized the power of maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.

Naomi couldn't resist the feeling of triumph that washed over her when she realized she had struck a nerve on the CEO. A small smile crept onto her face as she thought she was right and her sleepless night didn't really go to waste. The sage wouldn't harm her physically, she needed to remain divine in the eyes of her people. Otherwise, she knew well enough to lose power.