Chapter 8 - 500 years

"Take the mortal away from here!" The girl shouted, demanding Felicia to take Mocha away from the wolf-shaped monster who was raging in the corruption. Felicia took Mocha by his wrist and sprinted away, snapping Mocha from his fear. The creator did not run that far, she hid both of them behind a tree.

Felicia furrowed her eyes, sighing in frustration and anger. But then, in the distance, her ears pick up the unmistakable sound of shouting and the rhythmic swishing of a blade cutting through the air. She turned her head to see and witnessed the girl swiftly swinging her blue scythe, striking the monster. Not giving the werewolf grotesque an opportunity to retaliate.

Her movements were as swift and graceful as a gust of wind. Every strike she landed on the monster caused massive damage, much to her satisfaction. Soon enough, Felicia recognized the familiar blue scythe and the vivid blue hair with a lighter fade. Her vision slowly became clearer in the night. Her eyes squinted, trying to remember who she was.

Felicia cradled Mocha in her strong arms. The werecat responded by nuzzling into her neck, his eyes closed in contentment.

"Those fighting skills...who was it?" She muttered, biting her bottom lips. She glanced back at Mocha, who sunk his face under her neck.

A sudden rush of emotions hit her like a tidal wave, making her gasp in disbelief. In the blink of an eye, a flurry of images flashed before her eyes, like a kaleidoscope of memories that had been locked away in her mind. The memories were like a treasure trove, full of laughter, joy, and the occasional argument that only brought them closer together. It was as if a video montage of their journey together was playing out in her mind. 

And then, like a bolt of lightning, it hit her - the person battling was her old friend all along.

"Felic..." Mocha's weak sobbing voice called her. Felicia switched her attention to the scared werecat and wrapped her arms around Mocha even tightly, assuring that he was safe and secure. She gave a few pats on his head to soothe him, her eyes still glancing at the immortal.

"I'm not going anywhere, alright?" She affirmed.

"P-please, don't go.." He mumbled and lifted his head. His eyes brimmed with tears whilst his grip on Felicia's black shirt tightened.

"Shhh..."

The other immortal, still entrenched in a battle with monstrous corruption, finally executed her ultimate move. With lightning speed, she lunged towards the beast, gathering momentum as she sprinted. Leaping gracefully above the creature's towering form, she brandished her azure scythe, its gleaming blade slicing through the monster's skull with a resounding crack.

A deafening cry of agony and terror echoed through the air, accompanied by the sickening scent of putrid flesh. As the creature's body disintegrated into a myriad of dust particles, a dense fog materialized, swiftly vanishing into the distance as if it was fleeing.

The telekinetic descended from the sky with grace, her knees touching the ground with a gentle thud. Her flowing lower cloak, which was billowing around her just a moment ago, slowly descended with her, settling around her feet as she knelt.

She signaled to Felicia that everything was now safe and clear.

"Mocha...you are safe now.". Felicia attempted to extract her hand from his grip, but the scared man held on tightly, shivering in fear. The creator took a deep breath before trying again. "The monster is gone." She whispered in his feline ear. Mocha felt ticklish, his fluffy ears twitching.  But still, he couldn't shake off the fear.

As the immortal approached them, she gestured with her hand to convey that she came in peace and meant no harm. The blurred distance that had previously obscured the creator's vision began to clear as she grew closer, and the details of the newfound mage slowly came into sharp focus. The tightly braided rose hairstyle, the telekinetic power, the heterochromia eyes - magenta and cyan. Felicia knew well enough those eyes, eyes of a pure essence.