Chapter 12 - Rematch

"And that's just it..." Sarah has concluded the story. Earning no response, Sarah turned her head to Mocha. Only to see his mouth agape, his pupils were round and his ears were held backward, facing down. 

The telekinetist burst into a chuckle upon seeing the werecat's reaction. She then thought he was naturally decent and saw no harm in befriending him.

"How did you find out why Felicia left though? Wait, through his brother right?" Mocha questioned, as he remembered something that Sarah mentioned about her unfortunate little brother.

"Yes, a few months later, Maven came to me. He didn't dare to meet Danial, so he reached out to me and told me about her." Sarah whispered as if she were afraid that anyone could hear. 

"I know Felicia's condition right now, and I am not brave enough to tell Danial, she pleaded to me to not tell you both about her, but I do feel bad for keeping this, it's just not fair."

"It's okay Maven, I understand." Sarah placed her hand on Maven's shoulder gently. Assuring him that it was okay.

Maven's bright blue eyes were full of burden, he was devastated by his sister. He could not find anyone to seek help but Sarah.

"Promise me you won't give up on her, she's just... lost."

"..."

"I promise."

"I feel like Danial would be more infuriated if I told him that her brother only told me about Felicia, so I kept it secret, sealed tight. till now...Danial did not know about it." Sarah added while she tightened the rose-shaped braid on her hair. The wind brushed her soft hair and blue cloak backwards making her skin feel the cold of the night.

Mocha remained silent, the sound of crunching grass and leaves from their footsteps was only filling the air at present. Sarah was waiting for further questions from the traveller, yet received something else.

"I hope we don't meet him anytime soon.." Mocha muttered in a concerned tone, trying to speak his mind without offending Sarah.

"Who?" Sarah asked.

"The Danial guy.. he seems... obnoxious..." He muttered, his cat's instinct warned him that he wouldn't get along so well with the sorcerer.

Sarah heard what he said, but she chose to not respond. They both walked their way to find Felicia in the woods.

"You...after all these decades...decided to show up in my territory??" Danial rasped, his hand pointing aggressively to Felicia as he spoke. His green eye started to spark crystal magic and smoke started to vapor from it.

"Whoa, relax buddy, I have no intention of coming here in the first place." She lifted her hand as if in surrender, and rolled her eyes. 

"You sure got the nerves to say that." He snarled. Danial gritted his teeth in pure anger, glaring all over her while taking one deep breath.

"After what you've done to me??!!" Daniel let out a loud yell as he violently punched a nearby tree with his bare fist in seething anger. The ground shook for a few seconds due to the incredible force of his strike, leaving behind cracks on the trunk of the tree that glowed with green lines, a result of his witchcraft. The sound of his power echoed through the forest, beaming with intensity.

"Damn it." The creator scoffed.

Reasons for her would sound absurd to Danial, even though it seemed an importance to the Felicity Irene.

"Such a powerful masterpiece in just on the tip of my fingers, I would not let that descent." she thought.

"I'm sorry, Dan." That was all she managed to say.