Chapter 1

"So Chad then?" I ask smirking suspiciously at my best friend sitting beside me. We are currently getting ready for the night of our lives at a frat party. Yes, a frat party you heard me correctly. I know frat parties are dirty and absolutely disgusting but we won't realise it when we're blackout drunk and dancing on top of the kitchen counter and maybe a few make out sessions along the way.

"No, it's not like that" She blushes turning her head away from me. I grab my coat and the apartment keys, then turn away to open the door.

"You ready to go Carpenter?" I ask and she nods her head yes. Suddenly Quinn Bailey enters the room with her flavour of the month and looks guiltily at us both.

"Don't tell me you are going to that stupid party!" She sighs pushing her new side piece into her room and shutting the door.

"Sam is going to be angry" She states which makes Tara laugh out loud. "I don't care, I'm not a child Quinn"

"Okay have fun then! But not too much fun" She smiles and goes to entertain her make out session. Sometimes I like Quinn, don't get me wrong. There's just something about her that puts me off but I'm probably just a being a bitch.

New York City is a scary place at night, especially when you haven't lived here your entire life. It's Halloween week and everywhere is busy and tonight is the night parties are being thrown everywhere.

Costumes flooded the streets especially ghostface and witch outfits, I've got over what happened to us last year. It was a week of my life I pretend never happened and I will not let it define who I am. Amber was an obsessive bitch who liked attention, she always was. It's basically forbidden to talk about her when Tara's around, they were platonic soulmates and went everywhere together and now she's just gone. Gone like most of our senior year friend group.

"Who's hosting this party?" I ask because I have no clue who's party we will be attending.

"Some second year girl, Chad texted me the rest of them are already there" I nodded and looked around me as we went down another block. This one was dark and eerie, even though students filled the streets it still felt lifeless and cold.

"Hey Tara" Jason Carvey spoke as he passed us.

"Jason" Tara greeted him. "Hi Jason" I spoke sending him a smile.

"Are you and Greg going to come to the OBZ party?" Tara smiled and Jason's eyes wandered around him.

"If he finishes his Spanish project in time, then yes we will" He laughed. "Is your sister coming?"

"No, Sam would never be caught dead at a frat party" She replied, as I wondered why he would ask such a silly question.

"There's a first time for everything" He joked. "Not tonight though?" He pushed the question further making me wonder why he was so interested in Sam.

"That's your problem not hers" I laughed as we walked in the opposite direction towards the party.

Little did we know, Jason Carvey had just killed my film studies teacher in the alley right next to us.