Chapter 7

"So he's leaving the masks behind him" Detective Bailey announces like we hadn't already knew that.

"He's a student of the ones before. Maybe he thinks Sam is one in the long line" Kirby adds to which I nod. Enough of the stupid internet thinks Sam was ghostface so chances are some dipshit decided to take her on for fun.

"Yeah, good luck with that. We're getting out of town" Sam says which makes me do a double take. We never discussed this.

"I'm sorry that's not possible. All three of you are persons of interests in a double homicide so you can't leave." Bailey being annoying stops us in our tracks. I would be very very happy to leave the city right about now. I nearly got butchered. Again.

"We're going" Sam says and we all walk out the door and we are bombarded with news reporters and channels. Great.

We push through the crowds being silent until a familiar voice speaks up.

"Gale Weathers channel four" My head snaps around to see my mothers best friend. I was happy until I saw what she was doing. Reporting ghostface killings.

"Do you ladies think your the reason that the ghostface killer has come to the big apple" She questions without regret or thought. God she doesn't know when to stop.

"Fuck off Gale" I rolled my eyes getting 'oohs' from the crowd and that's when Sam throws a fist towards her face but Gale doges it effortlessly. Years of practice I guess.

"Nice try sweetie but I've done this dance before-" She gets cut off by Tara and I's fists colliding with her face, my mom is going to kill me.

I shook my hand off because god that hurt a lot. I never claimed to be a boxer. I am not a boxer.

"Are you really still mad at me?!" She asks confused to why we are giving her the cold shoulder.

"Yeah Gale. You said you wouldn't write about what happened!" I shouted at her, she broke her promise and all for the sake of getting a few bucks.

"Oh come on, somebody was going to write about it. It's what I do" She said like it was obvious.

"What would Dewey think?" Sam said. Wow.

"That was a low blow." Gale stated. "So is your book" Sam was getting angrier by the second. I just want to go back to the apartment.

"You called me unstable and a 'born killer'" Sam stated getting an inch closer to Gale. Oh no we need to leave.

"That was taken out of context" She shrugged like it was nothing. "Come on" Sam finally said and I am relived.

"Wait I was talking to Sidney" Gale said which made me stop in my tracks. Sidney was like an aunt to me.

"Is she okay?" I said worry coming through in my tone.

"Yes, she sends her love but she's taking Mark and the kids somewhere safe" That's good. She deserves her happy ending. She's been through enough.