Chapter 4

Sam slowly edges towards the phone and we all turn dramatically waiting for an answer to the question we all desperately want to know.

"Who is is Sam?" I ask shakily but I get no answer.

I flop back down on the sofa, false alarm.

"Why did everyone just freak out when the phone rang?" Ethan stupidly questions making us all roll our eyes.

"You really got to catch up my dude" Anika says what we were all thinking in that moment.

Suddenly Quinn gives Sam her phone to talk to her dad. "Mr. Bailey hi" she greets him.

I get a tap on the shoulder that sends a shock through my body making me jump up on the seat.
"Woah sorry" Ethan apologies and I laugh it off. Just getting flashbacks.

"So why did everyone jump when her phone rang?" Ethan asked for the second time, obviously curious for the answer.

"Curiosity killed the cat y'know. Ghostface rings his victims before horrifically stabbing them to death" I say trying to fight the urge of the memories rising back to the surface.

________________________________________________________

Running down the stairs I follow Tara and Sam out of the building.

"Sam wait!" Tara shouts after her.

"Tara, Avery go back inside lock the doors" She commanded but fails as we're not leaving her side.

"Are you serious?" I laugh and then Tara says "now you don't want to stick together?"

"Safety in numbers Sam, safety in numbers" I point out to our old saying from last year.

Obviously it works as she gives in and we walk down the street together but I have a gut feeling someone is watching us. Tara and Sam must get the feeling as well as we are all suspiciously looking around us.

We stop. Frozen in plain sight as Sam's phone rings. Richie Kirsch the number says.

"What the fuck..." I breathe out looking around us to see anyone on a phone but no one is in sight.

"This is coming from his number" Sam said which sent chills down my spine.

"Don't pick that up" Tara warns but to no avail as Sam instantly clicks accept.

I mentally face plant. That's the first rule 'never pick up the phone' we're all so fucked now.

"Who is this?" Sam questions while we are sent into full panic mode.

"Hello Samantha, did you miss me?" The voice I have not missed speaks through the phone.

"I want you to think long and hard about whether you really want to do this because the last two people that fucked with us ended up dead"

"You should be thanking me Sam" The voice taunted. "Jason and Greg were going to kill you and your sister. I gutted them before they had the chance"

"So what? You're helping us now" Sam laughed and suddenly the air got colder around us.

"Not quite. I'm going to show the world who you really are, a liar and a killer. I'm going to punish you Sam" Not another conspiracy nut. 

"You really shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet asshole" I shout into the phone and Sam sends me a grateful look.

"Don't be cute, your all going to pay for what you did!"

"TARA!" I scream as I see ghostface standing right behind her. She elbows his face and he falls into a bike rack.

"COME ON!" Sam shouts and we end up running up the streets of New York City...