Chapter 17

After everything I'm still stuck in my thoughts. I'm related to a psychopath, a man who killed people just to get back at my mom's friend Sidney. Who I guess is now my aunt? This world is fucked up.

I needed fresh air, I ran out to the back door and swung it open. The cold New York air hit my face and it was refreshing. I lean against the far wall and suddenly I hear footsteps in the alleyway I'm in. Ethan must have came out after me. I just want to be alone right now.

"Ethan?" I question when I don't see anyone standing at the door but it had been opened again.

"This really isn't funny guys" I say with my voice shaking a little. I look around again and there's not a person in sight. God, I'm really in my own head. No ones there. No one is there.

The sound of something scratching against a wall gets louder and louder. It almost sounds like a knife. Something in my mind is telling me to get back inside but for some reason I'm frozen on the spot, unable to move a muscle. That's when the cloaked figure comes into sight and my blood runs cold, I stare into the eyes of the Ghostface that's approaching me.

I break into a run for the door but a strong hold is on my left arm and I'm pulled backward. I scream out hoping that someone inside will hear me and then I felt it. The painful pinch on my side that made me want to scream as loud as I can but the figure's hand closed over my mouth so that no sound could escape.

I could think of nothing but the gut wrenching pain that travelled through my entire body when I'm thrown to the ground and I think this is it. My time has finally come and thats when it all went dark.

_____________________________________

Am I dead? I open my eyes and notice how blurred my vison is. I look around taking in my surroundings and notice I'm tied to a chair with grey duck tape over my ankles and wrists. It didn't take long for the pain of my wound to reappear and it burned like fuck. Where am I?

It was finally going to happen, I was finally going to die. I've spent this long out running death and for what? To end up tied to a chair awaiting my death. I wish I had just died back in Woodsboro, anything would be better than having to deal with this mental torture. Maybe he gets to win this time.

All I am imagining is my loved ones faces when they figure out I'm dead. Mom, Tara, Mindy, Ethan-

I can't even think about the look on his face when he finds out.

Suddenly I hear screams coming from my right. Screams that sound all too familiar. No, no I've been used as bait before they kill me, might as well finish us all off together right?

I try my best to make noise by swinging on my chair and trying to scream through the duck tape but it's no use. Out of no where a light appears, blinding any of the sight I had. My vision clears and I realise I'm not just in any building, I'm in the theatre that we found the masks in.

I am face to face with the rest of the group and Tara looks like she's seen a ghost.

"Avery!" Tara screams trying to run to me but being pulled back by Sam. My eyes beg for their help but anyone could tell this was a trap.

"Did you kill Quinn? Did you kill my daughter?" Detective Bailey shouts at Kirby in anger. Kirby shouted back "Whatever he's been telling you guys don't listen to him, he's probably the killer"

Suddenly, a cloaked black figure appears from behind Bailey. Knife clutched in hand ready to strike.

"Behind you!" Kirby shouts but the gun in Bailey's hand fired at her. Kirby fell to the ground and nothing but a big smirk stayed on Detective Bailey's face. We all gasped in unison and this one was a big shock to me.

He killed his own daughter? Nothing is adding up this time.

One of the two ghostfaces standing beside Bailey stomped towards me on the stage, he ripped the tape off my mouth and body then hoisted me up by my arm, dragging me off the stage. My wound stung but the fear I felt was taking over my body.

"You?" Tara spoke. "Of course it was me, frankly I expected more from the three of you after what you did to us" Bailey said his face growing serious, no sign of a smirk now.

"What do you mean 'us'?" I spoke up my voice hoarse from not being able to speak for so long. I stand beside Tara, curiosity getting the better of me.

The tallest ghostface beside Bailey slowly pulled their hood down from their face, just before throwing their mask off.

My legs grew weaker as I realised who has been under the mask this entire time. I stare blankly into the eyes I've stared lovingly into in the past. Ethan Landry.