Chapter 8

"Okay Nerds, listen up. Terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time" Mindy announces which makes me laugh even though it's really not funny.

"Okay. The way I see someone is out to make a sequel to the requel" She adds on.

"I second that." I put my hand up, the clear pattern is stab 2.

"Uh what's a requel?" Poor Anika asks and Mindy sends her a warm smile.

"Your beautiful sweetie but lets hold all questions to the end" She says which makes Anika make a funny face.

"Stab one took place in Woodsboro and stab two took place in college" I say to add to her point about it all being connected to the movies. I have to say this is a very interesting ghostface.

"Hi" Ethan waves at me even though I'm sitting right next to him. God he's cute. I simply send a small wave back as I'm trying to listen to Mindy's big speech.

"So we think the killer is copying the movies?" Tara spoke up.

"Yes most likely." I answer for Mindy as she's is going to be speaking for hours at this rate. She loves to be dramatic but I guess this is a dramatic situation.

"Hero's now in college check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and or body count check check and check" She lists some of the horror movie classic rules.

"I don't like this" Ethan speaks up making me laugh.

"I don't think any of us really like this Ethan" I said and his face went red.

"But it can't just be about stab two" Mindy says which makes me question "why not?"

"It would make sense if this were just a sequel but we're not in a sequel are we Avery" She says with a hint of judgement in her tone, I guess I'm not as much of a horror movie lover anymore thanks to Amber and Richie. Plus maybe the fact my Mom has been attacked three times throughout her life.

"They can't just make sequels anymore." She adds a very much needed dramatic pause which amuses me. Dramatic told you.

"We are in a franchise!" She says excitedly. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise!" Gosh here we go again. Still have PTSD from the last rule meeting we had.

"Rule number one! Everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count, longer chases, shootouts, beheadings. You got to top what came before-" I stop her rambling.

"To keep people coming back!" I finish her sentence with realisation, she makes sense. Mindy is a very smart lady.

"Beheadings?" Chad asked, I shouldn't be finding this funny because it's not but it is a little.

"Beheadings" Mindy confirmed to her twin who looks like he's about to have a mini heart attack.

"RULE TWO! Whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survives by avoiding expectations."

I add to her sentence because she's getting too excited about this. "So if the killers last time were whiny snowflakes with letterboxes for personalities you bet the opposite will be true here" Mindy simply nods with proudness towards me and I give her a huge smile in return. I can see why she's getting excited, it is fun to point out all the rules.

"Rule three! No one is safe, Legacy characters can die at this point. Usually brought back to be killed off in some cheap bid for nostalgia." She looks directly at me.

"Avery you better make sure you're mom doesn't come anywhere near this" She warns and I nod hoping she isn't already on a plane here. "It's definitely not looking too good for Gale and Kirby"

Speaking of my dear mother, here my phone is ringing in my hand. "Sorry one second. Hi mom!" I apologise and greet my mom happily.

"Avery Elizabeth Addams why have you not been answering your phone" She says in a stern voice and she used my full name great.

"Because I know exactly what you'll say" I smartly answer back, not my bets move.

"Well you should come back to Woodsboro immediately! It's not safe for you there!" She pleads but I refuse. "I can't mom and promise me you won't come here" I beg at least giving her an answer.

"Also what's this I hear about you punching gale?!" She shouts ignoring my last question.

"Okay bye mom!" and with that I hang up the phone not wanting to explain myself any further.

I'm surprised she hasn't seen the video yet.