Chapter 13

I shake as I hold on to the ladder as it moves below me. This is a great idea. Cross the ladder that is twenty feet above the ground. Don't look down. Don't look down.

"We've got you Avery!" Sam shouts and I reach for her hand. She pulls me in and now it's Mindy's turn. She comes across swiftly although her arm is killing her.

"Come on Mindy!" I shouts as I notice Ghostface is nearly through the door on the other side. The side where Anika is still sitting bleeding out.

She makes it across and collapses on to the window putting her weight on to it.

"Anika come on!" Mindy shouts and I can hear the panic in her voice. She will get across right?

"Oh my God. I can't do it. I can't do it" She cries out while trying to cross the ladder. Please Hurry Anika. I can feel the panic rising in my stomach with every second that passes.

Suddenly Ghostface stands looming behind her and all of us go quiet. "What?"

"Anika you have to move right now" We all start screaming at her to move and she looks behind her. She lets a cry out and my heart breaks.

"You can do it Anika please!" I shout and she nods but I can tell it was fake.

Ghostface shakes the ladder and she screams as it moves up and down. Sam reaches out her hand to her but she's too far away.

"Baby I don't wanna die!" She says to Mindy and fresh tears slide down my face.

"Grab Sam's hand!" Mindy screams but she is still too far away...