Chapter 4: Aftermath Part II

The guards escorted Daenerys, her half-sisters and the dark-haired Princes, immediately coming into a huge room where they would usually hold meetings or dinner feasts.
Alicent was already there, with Helaena and Aegon, she raced towards her son.
"What happened?!" She demanded, eyes narrowing at Daenerys, only to soften as she noticed the girl's face.
Aemond sneered, glancing towards his nephews and cousins. "Ask them."

The King made his appearance along with the Kingsguard, he demanded to know what happened and the Queen demanded that the children be held accountable for their actions towards a Prince of the Realm, Daenerys glanced over at her cousins, there was hardly an ounce of regret in their eyes, especially Jacaerys.
Though, he did look guilty the moment he glanced Daenerys's way, perhaps afraid of what Daemon would do to him.
King Viserys took Daenerys by the chin, scanning her bruised cheek and cut lip, he then grimace at the sight of Aemond's wound.

Princess Rhaenys, Lord Corlys, Crown Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon were escorted to the room, Lord Corlys immediately demanded what they were disturbed at midnight, his voice fell silent as all eyes landed on Prince Aemond.
Rhaenyra rsn to her sons, Rhaenys comforted her granddaughters and Daemon walked over to Daenerys, immediately noticing her wound.

His eyes darkened immediately. "Who did this?"
"It was a simple mistake, Father." Daenerys whispered, but Daemon's grip on her chin tightened, she then sighed. "Jacaerys. He punched me by mistake, his real target was Aemond."

King Viserys banged his cane on the stone ground, his voice yelling to demand what had happened, all the children besides Daenerys began their squabbling.

"He called us bastards." Jacaerys hissed, glaring at Aemond as the maester continued to stitch the Prince's eye.
Daenerys watched as Queen Alicent's face changed, deciding to place the blame on a drunken, gormless Aegon, she rolled her eyes at the small 'me?' Aegon whispered, surprised that the blame was fallen onto him.

King Viserys immediately starts to shout at Aegon, questioning where he had heard these accusations as Rhaenyra hugged her boys and once again, Aegon defended the poison that was his Lady Mother.
"Everyone knows." He simply states head held high. "Just look at them."
It was true what Aegon said, everyone knew the true parentage of Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffery but Laenor Velaryon declared them as his blood. It was brave, for Aegon to simply state that in front of the King, as he still held his head high.
Brave or stupidity.

Viserys then declared that if anyone dared to question the legitimacy of his grandsons again, he'll have their tongues removed, Daenerys thought this to be the end of the matter but Alicent's voice cut in and demanded that a debt must be paid.
An eye for an eye.
When her husband, the King, refused she demanded that Ser Criston Cole, who swore to serve her to take the eye of Lucerys, a statement that caused distress amongst the Velaryon boys.
After the King refused again, halting his men, Alicent then took hold of the King's Valyrian steel dagger and stalked towards Lucerys.

Screams of the children rang out, Daenerys quickly withdrew her Valyrian steel sword and stood in front of Lucerys and Jacaerys, Baela and Rhaena were hiding behind the body of Rhaenys and Lord Corlys stood firmly beside Daenerys to shield his grandsons from Alicent's sight.

Daemon stops a charging Ser Criston from getting any closer to Daenerys, it was a struggle between Alicent and Rhaenyra over the dagger that Daenerys heard the conversation between them.
"You have gone too far," Rhaenyra states, glancing at the dagger.

Alicent scoffs. "I? What have I done but what was expected of me? Forever upholding the Kingdom, the family, and the law. Whilst you flout all to do as you please!" The dagger is pushed closer to Rhaenyra's face.
"Alicent! Let her go!"