Chapter 10: Dragonstone

Daenerys never got to see Aemond again before her family boarded the ship to return to Dragonstone, she was a little upset that she did not have the chance to say her goodbyes to Helaena or Aemond, but on the plus side- there was no more threats of a drunk and horny Aegon sneaking into her chambers.

She stood at the stern of the ship, watching as they sailed away from King's Landing, their Dragons flew freely about in the skies, Rhaena was in a small mood as Baela would not be returning to Dragonstone but would stay with Rhaenys in Driftmark as her ward in a desperate attempt to salvage whatever relationship between Rhaenyra and House Velaryon following the death of Laenor.
Daenerys would miss her younger sister greatly, especially the times they flew the skies of Dragonstone as the sun settled, perhaps she can share these moments now with Lucerys and Arrax as Jacaerys was now studying to become the heir to the Iron Throne.

Daenerys remembered her mother's lessons on how to be the Lady of Runestone, she was thrown into many different studies and her mother taught her how to use a bow and arrow herself, they even went hunting several times and Daenerys brought down a huge stag by herself.

The presence of Daemon brought Daenerys out of her thoughts of her late mother. "Father."
"I was informed by my goldcloaks that you were spotted in Fleabottom last night with Aemond, drinking away in an Inn." Daenerys glanced over at him, Daemon's expressions were unreadable, but his eyes, his eyes, gave away everything.
He was utterly livid. "They even stated that you both seemed rather close, dancing, and what not."
Daenerys rolled her eyes. He was seriously overprotective.
"I could not sleep, and neither could Aemond. He offered to take me down there after I commented on the singing of the smallfolk of King's Landing, an offer I accepted because I was curious." She responded, glancing back towards the blurred outline of King's Landing, Balerion casted a shadow over the ship, keeping an eye on his beloved rider. "We drank, we danced, and we talked, nothing more and nothing less. If we seemed close, the Inn was loud, and it was hard to hear one other, that is all."
"No teenaged boy has good intentions when taking a girl to Fleabottom."
Daenerys arched an eyebrow, a small smirk upon her face. "Speaking from experience, father?"
Daemon laughed at her words, informing her of the time that he took Rhaenyra to Fleabottom when she was her age, naturally rumours circled King's Landing and it had reached King Viserys- was that the reason why he was exiled back to Runestone around the same time that Daenerys was born?

"In the future, if you wish to understand the ways and opinions of the smallfolk, you come to me or your brothers."
Daenerys nodded her head, understanding his reasoning for it was true that no one had good intentions taking someone to Fleabottom, Daemon then placed a kiss on her forehead. "You are my trueborn daughter, Daenerys. There is nothing more important in this world to me than that, I want that to be clear to you right now. Your safety is my priority."
"I am just your firstborn."
Baela and Rhaena should come somewhere on his list. She was unsure why her safety was more important.
"Yes, you are my firstborn daughter, but you are of the blood of Old Valyria in its truest form." Daemon replied with a smirk. "Your strong bond with Balerion and your dragon dreams are proof enough of that, plus you will be a fine warrior. You and I are the same, Daenerys, in everything we do."

Daenerys wrapped her arms around his waist, embracing him tightly, and Daemon returned the hug.
"My beautiful dragon."

The following week was the fourteenth nameday of Daenerys, it was one that she would remember as Rhaenys and Baela flew over on Meleys and Moondancer to join the celebrations along with her Uncle, Lord Yorbert Royce, Regent Lord of Runestone.
Her gifts ranged from dresses in new Westerosy fashions, to flying tunics, jewellery and a new saddle fitted for Balerion- he seemed greatly comfortable with the new design, something that Rhaenyra and Daemon spent months working on.