Chapter 15: House Signatories

Rumours spread throughout King's Landing, Dragonstone, and the North that the rightful heir to Runestone had returned. The rumours also stated that Daenerys was indirectly a Kinslayer

House Arryn demanded justice for the murder of Tarik Royce, and Otto Hightower was about to do so, but when Viserys heard that he insulted the crown and House Targaryen, that alone was punishable by death.

Aemond wondered why Daenerys failed to answer any of his letters, the moment he returned from Dragonstone all those months ago Alicent had him confided to his rooms when once again he did not tell her or his Grandsire about his comings and goings, the first week of receiving no letters from Daenerys, he was certain that someone was interfering with their correspondence.

Weeks came and went, doubt began to slowly creep in as his paranoid thoughts about the true feelings of Daenerys towards himself, Helaena was the only one that seem to know of his plight towards the Targaryen beauty.

His beloved sister had her wise moments, giving him advice and encouragement when needed, then it would be gone, and she was back in her own little world; muttering nonsense here and there.

What stuck with him the most was her repeating mumbles about beacons, beasts, greens, and Blacks. He was most certain that it was a warning for what was to come, Viserys I always spoke of the dragondream he had of a Prince that was promised, was Helaena also a dreamer?

He spent most of his confinement reading the history of the Targaryens. Like always, House Hightower was always by House Targaryen, and their Hightower's sigil was Green Wildfire - it was used as a Beacon.

Aemond slammed the book shut. It was highly impossible that his mother or even Grandsire would betray the king, his father, and heir Rhaenyra.

But then again, Helaena was correct about his loss of an eye to claim Vhagar. Could she be right about this supposed betrayal?

He needed to speak to Helaena, but he did not wish to stress her anymore then she already was considering her difficult labour with Jaehaerys and Jaehaera. She was more focused on getting Jaehaerys's egg to hatch since Jaehaera's egg hatched the moment it was placed in her crib and out came Morghul.

The hatchling was a male dragon with scales as white as ivory and golden silver horns, the complete opposite to that of Sunfyre, which is ironic considering who mounted the Golden dragon.

_____

Daenerys groaned as she slumped down at her desk, which contained many unopened letters and documents that needed to be signed, she wondered how her mother or even Lord Yorbert was even able to keep up with any of this.

There sitting amongst several fresh parchment were her letters addressed to Aemond, which had yet to be sent, her mouth turns into a small frown as she stares at them.
While she was not sure about her feelings towards the One Eyed Prince or his feelings towards herself, there was no way that he could be angry with her?

It had been several months since he left Dragonstone and never seen again, she was sure that Daemon had something to do with that, but he obviously denied interfering with her letters back on Dragonstone - could someone in King's Landing be intercepting her letters addressed to Aemond and keeping them from him?

Daenerys pushed all negative thoughts away as she brushed the tangles away from her unruly hair. Her golden silver hair had grown longer. It was now just past her waist.

There was a knock on her door. After bidding them entrance, her eyes locked onto the figure that stood there.
"Ser Bolton," Daenerys called, turning round to face him. "I thank you for keeping your oath as my sworn Protector, and I do apologize for making you leave the city's watch."
"Nonsense, my Lady," Bolton replied as he bowed his head. "As your father stated, I am to protect you from any harm that Balerion cannot. Shall I arrange for tasters?"
Daenerys blinked, surprised by his question. "Tasters?"
"To detect poison in your meals and drink."
"Do you truly believe these people would stoop so low?"