Chapter 9: Fleabottom Part II

Aemond guided them through the secret passages of the Red Keep, still holding Daenerys by the hand. They then came upon the passage that led to the back of Fleabottom.
Daenerys tilted her head slightly as Aemond ripped a piece of material, wrapping it around her hair before lifting up the hood of her cloak. Sensing her confusion, he gave her a small smile. "It will be complicated for us both if the smallfolk see our hair and their tongues start wagging. We do not wish for rumours to reach the King."
Or your father.
Aemond added mentally, not really knowing what her reaction would be if he had said that out loud, but it seemed that Daenerys was in agreement to hide their Targaryen hair as she nodded.

Aemond once again took Daenerys by the hand, weaving her through the cramped streets of Fleabottom. They were smelly, and Daenerys did not want to know if the ground was covered with mud or other things.
The streets and buildings seemed like a maze to the thirteen year old girl, she found herself wondering how Aemond came to memorize it as the buildings and dark alleyways seem to start merging with each other and look the same with mysterious and dangerous figures everywhere.
Fleabottom was not for the faint hearted, Daenerys realized this when they walked past a table of gambling men, all of them thin and malnourished, it was there that one of the men accused the other of cheating and attacked, Aemond hurried his steps with Daenerys almost close to running to keep up.

He pulled Daenerys close in a protective manner. She knew this was also a move to block Daenerys from the Goldcloaks view, not knowing if they were loyal to Daemon or not. There was a sharp right turn down an alleyway before they reached a street filled with Inns and Tavens that seemed to be popular with both men and women looking for business, Aemond turned to face her, fixing her hood to make sure a hair was not out of place or easily seen.
"Wait here, I shall only be a moment," He spoke, cupping her cheeks as one of his thumbs brushed against her bottom lip. "I promise."

Daenerys was not sure if anyone recognised them yet as they both weaved quickly through the tight alleyways of Fleabottom, Aemond was definitely in for an earful from his mother if they were caught outside the Castle walls with her and without Ser Criston Cole. She had noticed that several commoners had been eyeing her but none dared approached until a sickly teenaged boy of fourteen came towards her, she knew he had been drinking and was probably dared by his friends to approach her from the way the small group of males ranging from all ages constantly stared.

He was skinny, his face was sunken, and had a toothless smile. Though Daenerys swore, she saw a gold tooth amongst the teeth that still remained. His eyes were a shade of murky brown, which matched the muck that caked his face and hair, Daenerys's nose twitched at the smell that was coming from the boy.
Gods, you will be able to smell him coming before you see him.
"You are a pretty, young thing, ain't ya?" He slurred, placing a hand on her waist. "Have not seen you round here before. You're a new worker?" Daenerys cocked an eyebrow, did he just assume she was a new whore? "Tell me, darlin'. What is a beauty like you doin' in a shitty place like this, alone?"

Before she could answer a hand came out and slammed the boy's head against the wall and the boy's body fell unconscious to the ground, a roar came from the clouds above indicating that Balerion was near, Daenerys glanced up to face the killer of the boy and was instantly met by Aemond's mischievous grin.
"Who said she was alone?" He mused, eyeing the other men that did not dare to come to their friend's aide. "Come, I have us a table."

Keeping their heads down until they went into a room towards the back of the fully packed Inn, Daenerys noticed a few Goldcloaks whose faces she instantly recognised as men her father speaks to during their visits to King's Landing, Prince Daemon founded the goldcloaks, so in a sense they were more loyal to him than they were to the crown and that meant they were loyal to Daenerys also.
Aemond removed his hood, Daenerys did as well, breathing with relief that they were hidden from the drunken patrons but they still could see them.

"Welcome, to one of the Seven hells." Aemond laughed, noticing Daenerys grin as she listened in on the drunken singing of the people, some were singing Daemon's praises others were singing about Old Valyria.
Upon the small table was a flagon of wine and a jug of ale, she wondered how Aemond afforded this as she was sure he had no coin on his person but she dared not ask as he poured them both some drinks.

__

They drank and engaged in conversation that they minds could come too, twice Aemond swore he saw Aegon in the same Inn with a whore or two, but he paid more attention to the beauty that was in his company than his swine of a brother.
They both were tipsy, a drunk took over to play the flute, and Daenerys held her hand out towards him.
"Care to do me the honour, Prince Aemond?" She joked as he took her hand, spinning her around. It was true that Aemond never danced in his life. Though he was taught by many tutors, he just never truly saw the point of it.
They were close, so close that the wine and ale began to cloud their judgements, Aemond's hand began to move down her waist and Daenerys made no attempts to stop him.

It was there that their eyes connected, lips inches apart when Aemond cleared his throat and took a step back. "Perhaps we should return to the castle before dawn comes."
Aemond noticed the small disappointed look in Daenerys's eyes. She did not wish to return so soon, neither did he, but they both had duties to fulfil. He was the secondborn son of a King and she was the firstborn daughter of Prince Daemon, heiress to Runestone, her dignity and reputation would come in question if they were caught and Daenerys claim to Runestone could be in jeopardy.
"Do we have too?"

Once their hoods were up, Aemond threw some gold coins on the counter towards the barmaids, not caring who took them as they left the Inn.
The unconscious body of the boy was no longer there, perhaps his friends took him home or simply robbed him and dumped his body elsewhere for the rats feed off before the body could decompose, Aemond really did not care.
"Come, it is not really safe here."
Daenerys rolled her eyes. "That is why I have you, Aemond. You will not let anything happen to me."
A frown forms on his face, which made Daenerys shove his shoulder playfully. "Plus, Balerion would burn all.of King's Landing before he would allow anything to happen to me."

Daenerys dragged him back through the passages of the Red Keep, sadness rose in Aemond's heart as the passage that led to their separate pathways towards their chambers came and Daenerys let go of his hand, reality settled in and his facial expressions were unreadable.
Silence filled the room as they stared at one another, Daenerys decided to be the one to break it.
"Good night, Aemond."

Aemond gave her a nod. "Good night Daenerys, sweet dreams."
Daenerys took a few steps before stopping a few metres away from him.
"Aemond?"
His lips curled as he glanced towards her. "Yes?"
Daenerys jogged back, placing a hand on his chest and the other held his scarless cheek, she then placed a small peck on his lips.
"Thank you for tonight."

Aemond blinked and within seconds Daenerys Targaryen ran off into the darkness and out of sight, leaving Prince Aemond with flushed cheeks, a hard cock and his heart beating against his chest.