Chapter 6: Wedding Part II

Aemond watched as Daenerys spoke to Aegon and Helaena, a wave of jealousy washed over him as Daenerys walked away with reddened cheeks, he was jealous that Aegon due to his handsome face, something that Aemond would have had kept his eye.
Aegon had more charm, mainly to the whores of King's Landing, but Aemond was nothing but a scarred menace.

Aemond watched as the temptress laughed along with her family, allowing Jacaerys to escort her around the room and was introduced to some of the High Lords from the other houses, when they came to the Starks, Cragen Stark was the first to approach her.
Daenerys Targaryen was like a Valyrian Goddess made into reality, Aemond felt sad for his sister, Helaena but she seemed happy that Daenerys stole the attention.

Aemond distracted himself from the thoughts of Daenerys by conversing with Ser Criston Cole, his mother's sworn knight and his trainer, though after a few minutes, he got bored and soon his eyes were searching the sea of faces- looking for her.

There, he found her, dancing with Lucerys. It was known to many that Aegon could not keep his eyes off the girl in red, they felt pity for his new Lady wife as she was simple and plain looking, she had been born with more of the Hightower genetics.

Daenerys observed the sea of faces, her eyes would always come back to that of Aemond, he stood with Ser Criston Cole engaging in a conversation, she took note of his body for he was thin but muscular. Again, she was comparing the heights of the two Targaryen Princes, as she found Aemond's jawline to be strong, a trait she was sure would be passed down to his sons. Aemond laughed at something Ser Criston said, then as if he knew someone was looking at him, their eyes connected across the floor.
They held their gaze, it was a game for them, to see who could break eye contact first, Daenerys took this time to truly observe Aemond.
He wore a tunic made of black leather, emerald green embroidered patterns weaved along the hem, silver clasps held the leather closed, matching black trousers and a sword attached to his hip and Daenerys found herself wondering just how good he was at swinging said sword. The smallfolk state that he was an excellent swordsman, but Daenerys wanted to see it for herself.

It was Aemond that broke eye contact first as a poor serving girl tripped, spilling the flagon of wine she was tasked with serving and it was Aemond, who helped the girl back to her feet as the rest of the High Lords found it entertaining.

Daenerys switched her gaze to her father and Rhaenyra as they laughed and feasted with their children, the union between them was a happy one, and despite the many attempts to sell Daenerys off to a cheap ally, Rhaenyra had been a good stepmother.
They often flew around Dragonstone on Dragonback, sometimes Rhaena joined her on Balerion other times she'll be with Lucerys or Baela, her thoughts were interrupted by a voice.

"Daenerys, a dance if you're willing?"

Daenerys blinked as Aegon asked her to dance, she then placed her cup of wine on the table as he guided her to where the dancing couples were as all eyes fell back onto the divine girl in red.

This had been the first time a genuine smile appeared on Aegon's face, it stretched from ear to ear as he danced with Daenerys, they were not the best of dancers which is why they enjoyed it the most, laughing amongst themselves.

Daemon Targaryen with great curiosity, Rhaenyra even brought it up to him several times that Daenerys would suit to marry the secondborn son of a High Lord, perhaps even to Aemond, but Daemon wanted his daughter far away from those Hightower brats as possible but it seems that destiny and fate had other plans.

It was Prince Aemond that ended the joyous dance between Aegon and Daenerys, for the slamming of the throne room door echoed loudly over the music of the wedding proceedings, with the mood ruined, Daenerys ended the dance with a bow and turned back to her cup of wine.

Aegon cursed the Gods and his brother for interrupting the moment he shared with Daenerys, for he swore that she felt the connection they shared when they danced, everyone could see it.