Chapter 11: Return to Runestone

It had been nine months since Daenerys fourteenth nameday, and in those months, Aemond smuggled himself onto Dragonstone to see her ten times. It was beginning to be a routine, she would sneak away from her family and he would be paiently waiting beside the entrance of Balerion's lair, hidden amongst the rocks of Dragonmont in case any of her family members fly by.
Daenerys would sneak extra food away along with an cloak of a random guard, not really knowing if Aemond was going to be there or not, but it also meant that she never missed a sunset ride on Balerion.

Daemon and Rhaenyra stopped voicing their concerns on Daenerys walking around Dragonstone unescorted, but they came to realise over time that Daenerys was never alone, as Balerion was never too far away from his beloved rider. They both shared a powerful bond, a connection so strong that has not been heard of since Aegon the Conquerer and his sister wives, especially Princess Visenya Targaryen, and her bond with Vhagar

During their meetings, Aemond and Daenerys would sometimes kiss. Other times, they would talk about anything that comes to mind.

Aemond's most recent visit was two weeks ago, where he mentioned that it was becoming harder for him to sneak away as Ser Criston Cole was starting to become suspicious of his nightly activities.
So there they were, Aemond voiced his discontent for his brother and grandfather, but loved his mother and sister deeply as he lightly played with her hair. Daenerys also spoke of her own relationship with her family, how out of all the siblings, Lucerys is her favourite and that had left a sour taste in Aemond's mouth since it was Lucerys that took his eye. Daenerys wanted to turn and face him, but the way she was laying, it was impossible without being uncomfortable.
"Mother had me confined to my chambers for a moon because I would not disclose to her or Ser Criston Cole where I was headed."

Daenerys eyes widened, so that is why for a whole moon he did not meet with her and some of her secret letters to him went unanswered. "Well, I am glad that you were able to get away tonight."
Her eyes moved towards the beautifully embroidered eyepatch that covered his injured eye. A sad smile came across her face as she remembered that night quite well.
"Does it still hurt?" She asked softly, as Aemond gave her a confused look. "Your eye?"
"No. It does not. There are times that I feel as if it is still there, but other times, it is complete numbness." He replied, noticing that Daenerys's hand brushed against his cheek and then hovered inches away from his eyepatch. He took hold of her hand, placing a kiss in the palm of her hand. "It is getting late. Will your family not worry where you are?"

"Aemond, I want to see it. Please?"
His eye softened, lowering his gaze to the ground and then back to her face, seemingly deep in thought.

Rising to his feet, Aemond moved a hand to the eyepatch and began removing it, Daenerys mouth dropped open in awe at the sight. Amongst the healed scarred tissue was two very small, but very bright and shimmering sapphires in the place his violent eye once was, to Daenerys, in the right lighting the sapphires had a slight purple hue to them.

Daenerys began to slowly move her fingers to touch them but saw the glint of concern in his eye and decided against it. "They are beautiful, Aemond."
"Really?"

They spent the rest of the evening kissing, the eye patch discarded as Aemond's focus now was fully onto the Targaryen beauty beneath him, she was wet and willing for him to take her maidenhood right there and then. Until he was suddenly nudged from his spot with Balerion's nose, sending the One Eyed Prince rolling into the dirt beside Daenerys, getting his new black and green tunic dirty and Balerion seemed rather pleased with that.
Daenerys let out a small laugh as Aemond muttered a small curse in Valyrian towards the Black Dred that snorted in response.

It was there that Daenerys called it a night, ending their meeting with a passionate kiss and bid Aemond safe travels back to King's Landing.

___