3

*Tysm for 100 reads!!**

"Use this one." You picked up one of the very few soccer balls that weren't either broken or deflated and threw it to Shidou who catched it with precision. 

He tossed the ball between both hands, lightly squeezing it every time he caught it, testing to see if it was inflated enough.

"It'll do." Shidou muttered before stepping outside rather suddenly, leaving you to quickly rush after him, confused.

"Uh.. So where exactly are we going?" You muttered to Shidou, looking up at him in confusion.

"The field. Duh." He replied sassily. 

"Ah, alright!" You beamed, bouncing on both legs as you walked, following the path that apparently lead to a soccer field.

After a few short minutes of walking, the two finally made it to their destination. The soccer field.

It wasn't very big, but there were two goals implanted into the ground at each side and was overall usable, so it was okay.

"So are we just.. Playing by ourselves?" You muttered, sweat dropping in the process while gazing over at Shidou.

"What else are we meant to do.." Shidou stated though sounded slightly quieter, an annoyed scowl taking over the features on his face at the thought of the rest of his team ditching.

"Just pass me the ball or whatever and I'll see if you're worthy to join my epic club." He smirked rather childishly while you let out a big smile while bobbing your head up and down.

"Sure!"

Shidou tossed the soccer ball onto the grass in front of him, kicking it back and forth before raising his leg and slamming it in your direction, the ball quite literally going fast enough to break the sound barrier as it travelled to you.

You flinched slightly at the sound before quickly regaining your composure and carefully following the ball with your eyes, and before you knew it, the ball was casually trapped on top of your foot, balancing on your shoe before you tossed the ball back up with your leg and sending an equally strong kick back at Shidou, who missed and stared at you with wide eyes.

"Damn." He muttered.

"Welcome to the team. What jersey number did ya wanna be?" 

-

You and Shidou continued to play soccer day after day, the rest of the club treating you quite well despite only being there twice a week. 

Soon, days became weeks and it had already been 6 months since you started playing with Shidou, and the two of you had improved a lot.

In official games, Shidou would let out his monstrous strikes while you would be the catalyst, supporting the whole team and adjusting to their playing styles so you could give them the perfect and most precise passes.

And quite frankly, the duo was unstoppable.

The team had gotten much further than the school expected it to, meaning the faculty put a little more money into funding the club. 

"Nice goal, Ryusei!" You grinned while jumping up on his shoulders, Shidou's left arm snaking around your waist to support you.

A whistle blew, indicating the final point which went to your team.

The rest of the team surrounded Shidou, patting his back and yelling out congratulations.

The game, in conclusion, wasn't that big of a deal.

But as soon as the final whistle blowed, footsteps could be heard as a women who was previously standing near a railing left and turned around, scooping up a phone from her pocket and talking to the other person on the line.

"Yes.. I have a new report! I came to observe the match for the Yokosuka team, but on the opposing team, I found an extraordinary pair! One who's strikes are nearly on par with some of the top players in the world along with incredible spatial awareness,  Shidou Ryusei, who also has extreme chemistry with the other player, M/n kagami, who's another natural born genius who utilises and manipulates the people on the field to follow what hes doing while adapting to their play styles at the same time as well as dealing exceptionally precise passes which I haven't seen go wrong once!" She muttered, eyes widening and holding a look of determination before speaking up again, this time loud and clear.

"Yes Ego-san! I want to invite these two to the 'blue lock' project!" 

-

So sorry for the short chapter, its currently 3:30am on a sunday meaning i have school tmr, but i really wanted to post a chapter today lol, i will try making the next one super long but i guess blue locks gonna make an appearance soon!!