4

"Oi, M/n, did ya get this letter?" Shidou walked up to you after practice, waiting for everyone else to have left and waving around a white paper envelope.

"Oh.." You muttered, slowly bending down and shuffling through your bag, feeling for a piece of paper before finally grabbing it and pulling it up with glee.

"This one?" You half yelled, "I haven't opened it but it does say its from the Japan football union." You said as you trotted over to where Shidou was, leaning over his shoulder to confirm that the two unopened letters looked the same.

"Okok, lets open 'em together!" You cheered, glancing down at both the letters then smiling even more when you saw Shidou nod through your peripheral vision. 

Shidou quickly teared the envelope into bits, only leaving the letter inside intact while you tried opening it up carefully, slowly bringing the paper in front of you for extreme precision but soon then tearing it up as you had accidentally tore a bit of the paper already.

"You've been selected for a special player training program..?" You read aloud, quickly scanning through the rest of the pages contents which only briefed over the date, time and location.

You slumped down while Shidou let out a monstrous laugh.

"About-fucking-time!" He grinned, stuffing the piece of paper into his pocket.

"I don't wanna, so you're gonna have to go alone. Sorry Ryusei." You sadly stated though that tone was completely deceived as you stuck your tongue out at him, a mischievous glint in your eyes. 

"Hah well too bad because you don't get a choice!" He cackled before tackling you to the ground while you jolted and struggled, quite literally dying.

This man was a menace.

He was disliked by his whole school for a reason, you inwardly scoffed.

"F-FINE FINE!! I'LL GO, JUST GET OFF ME YOU UGLY COCKROACH!"

"The hell you think you're talkin too ya spoiled, rotten, petty piece of trash!? No wonder your parents don't love you!" 

"H-HAHH?? I SWEAR TO GOD RYUSEI IF YOU DON'T- WAIT STOP- DONT PUNCH ME THERE- STOP!! YOU'VE ALREADY SENT ME TO THE NURSES OFFICE FOUR TIMES THIS WEEK AND ITS ONLY WEDNESDAY YOU STUPID BASTARD- IF YOU FUCK UP MY FACE I'LL BUY YOUR WHOLE ASS FAMILY AND SEND YOU TO BUR- WAHH HELPP"

-

It was the next day, and it appeared that this soccer training project was happening sooner than expected as you were awoken by the spam texts and calls of Shidou fucking Ryusei.

Who knew he could be punctual? I guess it really does depend on what he wants to do.

Meeting up with Shidou was like normal - the two of you exchanged greetings or whatever before bolting over to the address that the letter had mention though one was clearly more enthusiastic than the other.

"Is this it?" You asked to no one in particular as both you and Shidou stood in front of a large, tall office-like building, the sound of your over the top, stupid little designer puffer jacket audible every time you made the slightest move

"Prolly." Shidou muttered in response, surprisingly calm.

"God, I hate this building" You muttered, several irk marks appearing on her fore head as firstly, the stupid soccer association room was no where to be found, and secondly, Shidou wasn't putting in any effort to help.

"Ha! You're blind, pip squeak! It's right there!" Shidou yelled, already speed-walking ahead while you caught up to him, still equally as annoyed.

Once standing reaching the door, you took in its appearance. It was just a simple, wooden door with an opaque glass panel near the top along with a gold plate that was screwed into the wood saying 'Japan football union' in English as well as Kanji characters underneath. 

"Open it already, damn" Shidou mocked, an annoyed smile on his face.

"You open it lazy ass"

"You literally only started going outside once you met my hot face"

You turned away, an annoyed scowl on your face before hurriedly pushing open the door to get away from this horny demon as soon as possible.

Upon opening the door, the two of you were greeted with at least 300 people, all gathered together like maggots.

"Eh. Theres way to many people here. I hate this." You shivered slightly. You always had a strange fear of big crowds. Okay, well not a fear to be exact, but a sort of ick.

Though you tried getting away from Shidou before entering the room, you were now slowly backing into him as more people pushed and shoved to get through.

Shidou casually swung his arm around your shoulders before gazing at the crowd, looking bored as ever. 

Slowly, he walked inside dragging you with him as some heads turned though most people were used to it. The two of you stood near the back as it was quite literally impossible to get any further in.

"E-eh? Isn't that M/n? Like M/n Kagami?!" 

"Holy shit."

"I've seen him and that other guy on TV a ton, they're gonna be a challenge."

The murmurs had already started, but both you and Shidou ignored them, I mean, they were barely audible in the first place. 

-

After a few minutes of standing around, you heard the door open again, and on instinct, the two of you turned to see if the people would be any recognisable figures.

Slowly stepping out, two more guys were added into the room.

"Huh? Looks like its here.." The one in front muttered though his face still wasn't visible, and he seemed to be holding the door open for someone else.

Your eyes widened. "That's Kira Ryosuke. Holy crap." 

"Who? Which one?" Shidou muttered, clearly not very up-to-date with the latest rising stars in Japan, which was honestly quite shocking.

"The tall one with white hair. Apparently hes in the starting line up for the U-18 Japan national team. He's called the Jewel of Japan or something. I wanna have a cool nickname like that.." You finished your explanation off with a childish pout while crossing your arms and looking off to the side.

The two of you continued conversing for a little while before the lights suddenly switched off, and everyone was frantically looking around before being silenced by an awkward cough that seemed to echoing through the room with a mike.

Everybody looked to where the sound came from, which happened to be near the front of the room, a spotlight shining a light over the figure that was standing on the stage.

"Ahem. Congratulations, you unpolished gems. according to my personal judgment and biases, the best strikers under 18 are the 300 of you." The unknown man spoke, quite whispers erupting throughout the room before being silenced as he began to talk once more. 

"My name is Ego Jinpachi. I was hired to make Japan a world cup champion."