12

It was an unknown face.

"Uh, do I know you..?" You asked, confused though not surprised. I mean, everyone in this room was looking for a team to join.

The guy that walked up to the two of you had some sort of a buzz cut with abnormally large eyebrows and an almost scared look on his face.

"Can I join your team?" He asked, skipping straight to the point.

You looked at him judgementally. He wasn't attractive in any way, but what stood out the most was his rank.

There, in all its glory was a '275' written on his body suit. He was the lowest ranked member out of 300 people, and he was currently asking the two of you to join your team.

Wow, if not appearance or skill he sure had guts.

You were about to say no. I mean, there was absolutely nothing going on with him. Maybe if he looked half-decent your mind would've changed, but no. He was just a random bald guy who also sucked at soccer, apparently. 

But your 'no' was cut off as Ryusei spoke, pushing in front of you and wrapping the boy into a tight head lock while giving him a particularly painful looking noogie. 

"You're in, chest nut!" Ryusei grinned, though when you looked into his eyes, you saw they held nothing but mischief.

"Huh? R-really? I get to be on a team with the great Kagami M/n!" He cheered, raising a fist in the air, an excited smile on his face even though he was still stuck in the head lock.

"Call me M/n, thanks." You muttered, looking at the latter in distaste. Ryusei was up to something, and you knew exactly what it was.

"Of course, of course!" The guy responded back, 10 times happier than the last reply.

"The hells your name anyway?" Ryusei asked rather aggressively, pushing the other man out of the head lock and wandering back next to you though still gazing at him.

"Call me Igarashi!" 

"Igaguri it is."

"H-huh? How do you know-"

Looks like this Igarashi guy was gonna have one hell of a time on this team.

-

The three of you walked into one of the cells, you and Ryusei walking in front while Igaguri was trailing behind.

As the three of your stepped closer to the gate, the screen above it changed and was soon replaced with each of your guys' chibi's. 

(I imagine mc's chibi with his tongue slightly stuck out, but take that how you want lol)

Ryusei Shidou, M/n Kagami and Igarashi Gurimu.. All three of you, please advance to the third stage.

All of you walked down the same corridor. 

As you all walked into the room at the end of the walk-way, you were met with the faces of multiple trios of people and Ego's enlarged face on a screen at the front of the room.

"It's time for the second selection round's third stage. A three-on-three battle." Ego started, holding up three fingers as a comparison.

"For this third stage, the three man teams that you've formed will have a mini-game battle. Blue lock man will be the goalie for both teams and the first team to score five points will win." Ego continued, holding a hologram of blue lock man before crushing it.

"And the winning team will get to select a player from the losing team. Then they'll steal that player and form a four-man team."

"Ahh, that's just like hana ichi monme!" You quietly exclaimed while referencing to the traditional Japanese game, which you never really played as a kid but oh well.

"Each time they advance to the next stage, they add a new member. Once they create a five man team and advance to the fifth stage.. they'll have cleared the second selection." Ego began, little drawings of faceless chibi characters appearing the screen to visually explain what was happening.

"However, the losing team that had their teammate stolen must return to the previous stage. Whoever loses there becomes a two man team.. and then, when a team loses the two-on-two battle.. the player who remains unchosen at the end.. will be forced to leave."

'Wrong. It would be an idiotic move to just disregard all the players that lose in this selection, because unlike the last selection, in some aspects getting chosen isn't up to you. There must be some sort of catch, unless this ego guy really is stupid enough to let go of players just like that..' You thought to yourself before zoning back in to listen to the explanation.

"This is the second selection round in which you steal your rivals. This is the rivalry battle. Further more, you get to chose which teams you play against. Match ups are only finalised once both teams are in agreement. 

"So, if the winning team gets to steal someone.. then you should play against whoever you want on your team, right?" Someone asked, to which Ego replied.

"The ones you fight alongside will be the keys to advancing, and to aid those decisions.. I'm presenting the new blue lock rankings." 

And as Ego said that, beeps could be heard coming from everyones body suits, and soon your rankings were changed.

Yours read 114, Ryusei's read 111 and Igaguri's read 108. 

"This is the order in which you all cleared the first stage. All of you standing here are those who are able to turn '0' into '1' on the battlefield. This will smash those 'ones' together, mix them up and elevate them. Whoever can control the chemical reaction between egos will be strikers able to seize the ticket to the next stage. If you want to win, use whatever means necessary" And with that, the explanation came to an abrupt ending, screen flashing off.

"Huh. I really don't like this stage. It looks like it's gonna take way too long to complete.." You muttered with an annoyed tone before brightening up. 

"Hey, hey, Ryusei. Can ya break my leg for me?" You cheered, looking at the man, though you accidentally said that a little too loud. A bunch of people looked at the two of you weirdly.

"Sorry princess but you're useful right now. This guy," Ryusei began, pointing to Igaguri "Is useless. I can help break that leg later, though!" He ended, widening his eyes and smirking at the same time while you just nodded while frowning.

'It was worth a try, I guess..'

-

NEARLY AT 3K READS HOLY CRAPPPPP!!

Anyways hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!! please let me know if theres anything i can fix in any upcoming chapters, tysm for reading!!

*not beta read**