8

Th room of now 24 strikers stood there in front of the screen, taking in the rules that were placed on the TV.

An explanation as to where all of the other people in blue lock were, and what the 'first selection' is.

In terms of skill level as a team, you were all placed in stratum 3, right dab in the middle.

That seemed fitting, you supposed but your interest only grew at the thought that strikers stronger Ryusei Shidou, who was probably the strongest soccer player you knew - aside from Itoshi Sae, of course -  were lurking in this institute. 

"So we needa win every match from teams R - O, well most of 'em, to advance to the next selection?" You questioned, turning around to Shidou for confirmation.

"Somethin' like that.." He muttered, though seemed totally out of it. I mean, the two of you were obviously gonna win, so there was really no need to worry.

"Eh well I'm leaving. This sucks and seeing all of these losers make me wanna bash 'em." Shidou suddenly cheered, voice a tad bit loud, making everyone space away from him in fear.

"Do whatever the hell you want" You yawned while replying back to him then muttered something else.

"At least I won't be the victim anymore" You shivered.

-

(I'm gonna skip most of the first selection since it's gonna be hard to write all the matches and I just wanna move onto the second selection so we can meet the main cast, so please just bare with me and this terrible pacing!!)

Going into the match with team Q as your opponent was nothing short of easy, and team R was able to come out victories with a score of 0-5, quite a devastating ratio if you could even call it one.

In that game, Makoto was able to score 1 goal and you scored 1 goal while Shidou scored the other 3 with the help of your pin-point passes and at the end of the day, Makoto wasn't that bad of a player, though you still preferred passing to Shidou. He was easier to read in terms of where he was gonna move, also thanks to your god-like vision, making it easier for him to just go wherever he wanted to score while you would just listen and deliver. It was a pretty efficient system that the two of you had going, and no one was about to disturb it.

-

"Hey, Kagami- or would it be alright if I called you M/n?" A sickeningly sweet voice called from behind where you and Shidou were in the cafeteria area.

"Hm?" You muttered, turning around while Shidou also perked up, immediately looking the person down with narrowed and judgmental eyes.

"Oh.. Hi Makoto." You greeted, not answering his question, though with your response he decided to just go ahead with calling you by your first name. It was easier that way.

"Hello! Nice game, huh?" He smiled, trying to maintain the conversation while shivering slightly under the gaze of Shidou, who only let out a puff of air before turning back around, soon later arguing with the people in front of him.

"I guess.. It was boring in my opinion though." You shrugged while Makoto only sweat dropped, smile still on his face.

Trying to think of something else to say, Makoto suddenly lit up. "What food are you guys getting?" He questioned in reference to the point system.

Basically, the more points the better food and treatment you got, and you were able to earn points by scoring goals, training and overall performance.

In the short time that you had been here, everyone on team R had already trained a fair bit, so they were able to earn larger and better meals, while Makoto, Shidou and you were the only ones who have scored. But 1 goal isn't much against no training, and since Shidou had already begun randomly aiming the ball into the net with those monstrous kicks, he was much further ahead of you in points.

I mean, what did you expect when you've only scored 1 goal and have had no training or even light practice with assists?

Once you reached the front of line, you stood in front of the large pole that had a metal mini door inside, and soon scanned your face on it before it beeped and the trap door opened, revealing your meal.

There was a small cup of natto along with 2 pieces of wagyu steak.

Shrugging, you took the plate and idly wondered around.

"Dammit. I could really use a juice box-" You muttered, though were interrupted when a large hand placed itself atop of your head before it disappeared and was replaced by a slightly chilled, square shaped weight.

Grabbing the item, you slowly brought it to your face.

The carton read 'Apple juice - 100% real fruit juice!'

At this, you immediately lit up before turning around and instantly jumping up and wrapping your legs around the person who was behind you, trapping them in a hug, and you of course knew who it was.

"Thank you Ryusei!" You cheered, startling everyone with your happy behaviour as they blankly stared at the ruckus happening in the middle of the cafeteria.

Who knew the freak duo of team R were that close.

-

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH FOR 1000 READS LIKE OMGGGG!!! anyways, sorry about this chapter, ik its quite boring but i promise in the next one i will very vaguely brief over the next few matches before moving onto the second selection!!!