17

Kunigami sat there. Nothing but shame on his face, hands trembling while he still tried processing the reality of the situation he was in.

They lost. Him and Reo were the losers.

His mind flashed back to when the match ended.

-

Reo and Kunigami laid on the field, shocked and frustrated.

They lost. One of them would have to go home.

The two in the losing team watched as Ryusei whispered something into your ear before walking off, not without giving the two a quick, almost mocking glance. The same grin was still on his face.

"Y'know.." You began, slowly walking up to the two before kneeling down on the floor, right in front of Reo and Kunigami couldn't help the feeling of jealousy form in his gut. He knew exactly where this was going and what was going to happen.

"I really don't know what a gem like you is doing in this lame project." You yawned, looking Reo in the eyes while he only gulped.

"You don't seem to have any special attributes. You're not incredible at anything.. but, you're also not complete dogshit at anything. You're quite peculiar, Reo. You seem to be decent at almost everything, though you don't have a strong suit." You began, watching as Reo's face contorted into one of confusion, though his eyes held slight anger in them.

"We can change that, though." You grinned. 

Slowly, you raised your hand to cup the purple-haired boy's cheek. "Come on, Reo. I wanna play soccer with you."

And then, Kunigami recalled Ryusei's words.

"I'd rather have purple topknot.. than a puny, naive hero like you. Let's go, M/n-chan." The three walked out, but Ryusei stopped at the door and looked back.

"People who can't destroy themselves.. can never create explosions."

-

Kunigami balled his hand into a fist and banged it onto the wall as he walked into the 'losers' door.

This was a feeling he had never felt before. An emotion he has never wanted to feel before.

It was gut wrenching and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Dammit.." He muttered through grit teeth, leaning his weight against the wall. He was quite unstable.

'I.. I lost! What.. was I lacking? What.. did I do wrong?' He thought.

'I.. I wasn't able to become the world's best striker. My dream ends here and now.' And Kunigami could feel the brief touch of tears kissing his cheeks. This was so unlike him.

Looking down, his previous look of frustration was quickly replaced by one of surprise.

There was an arrow on the floor that said 'select' on it and had two options, one going to the right and the other going to the left.

Kunigami looked up, and that's when he saw it.

'What is this..? There's the exit.. and another door..'

He stared at the other entrance which seemed to be glowing in all it's glory.

The text on top of it read two simple words.

'Wild card.'

-

Walking down the winners hallway was a nice change, and with a new member on your team only made the experience more exciting.