21

The screen made a strange glitching noise before a figure appeared, this time clearer to the human eye.

"Alright, that's enough you unpolished gems. Any further violence and I'll have you forcibly ejected. And.. I'd say none of you have time worrying about some dropouts, because your soccer lives are on the very verge of being trashed and disappearing into oblivion alongside blue lock." The Ego through the screen stated rather calmly, and a few people around the room perked up while you inwardly laughed.

'Kehehe, looks like this wack project is finally going bankrupt.' 

"Ahh, but before that, anyways, good work. Your defeat in the match against the world's select was an invaluable experience, was it not? I'll save the explanation for another day. Following up in the third selection, after the language studies, umm.. well, some things came up.. i'd originally planned on whittling down the group until only five of you remained.. but there's been a change of plans." Ego started before raising his finger, a hologram of the blue lock building appearing out of thin air.

"It seems that the overlords of the Japanese soccer world have made up their minds to stamp out blue lock as soon as possible, which is why i've fired back at them with a challenge. So, your next selection will be in three weeks. It'll be a match with the continued existence of blue lock at stake.." And soon, Ego leaned back in his chair, more holograms appearing behind him.

The Japan national U-20 team VS blue lock select 11-member team, special send off match.

"If you win this game, blue lock will hijack the Japanese national U-20 team."

"Hijack the Japanese national U-20 team..?" A guy with black and white hair tied up into a bun muttered, staring at Ego confused.

"I'm surprised they even excepted those conditions.."

"Well, that's because they don't think there's a chance they'll lose. Their opponent's a ragtag team of high schoolers, after all, and with every single member being a forward, they were snickering away while signing their agreement to the game.

'Well yeah, no wonder..'

"Their goal is to terminate the blue lock project, and to make a ton of money off the potential crowds who'll be buzzing about a national rep match. By defeating us and making laughingstocks of us.. they'll use us as an example of failed nurturing, to sear into the history of Japanese soccer." Ego crushed the hologram dancing above his palm.

"So, hearing this thus far, tell me, how do you feel? Do you resent their contempt? Did you flare up with the desire to put them in their place?" Said the man, his tone firm.

The rest of the strikers standing in the room sweat dropped, some shocked while others were simply just confused.

"As for me, coming from a level-headed and realistic stand point, I say this with absolute certainty. The way you are now, you can overturn the world of Japanese soccer." And at this, Isagi let out a gasp.

"But well, with that said, out opponents are also using every card in their hand to ensure victory. The current Japanese national U-20 team you will be facing, will be adding one member to their roster.." Ego's fingers did a little twirl in the air and more holograms appeared above his head.

A visual of Itoshi Sae popped up. He had all of his 'stats' circling around him while other people in the rooms eyes widened at the face of the soccer prodigy, and Isagi cast a brief glance to his teammate, who happened to share the same last name with Sae.

Your mouth opened into a circle though your eyes remained calm upon seeing the familiar figure in front of you.

"Now, the time has come to stake everything that you've got. Through your experience here, you have realised your Egos, and acquired your weapons and chemical reactions. For the 35 of you who have experiences what it means to face the world's best, a position on Japans national U-20 team is not a pipe dream. It is a reality that can be grasped by simply reaching out for it." And from behind you, you could basically hear Ryusei's smirk.