7

As the ball rolled over to the guy, he unconsciously tapped his leg against it and stood the ball under his leg, which now made him 'it,' a cute chibi version of his face appearing on the screen with his name, rank and the time limit.

"Looks like I'm it, huh?" He cockily stated, smirking as he rolled the ball under his foot before kicking it up a few times.

"Even pros play tag as part of their warm-up, but this is an egoism test I've devised to ascertain who has an essence of a striker. Prepare yourselves for battle. This is no ordinary game of tag." And after Ego finished talking, the time suddenly started ticking, a large whistle playing through the room.

The guy who currently had the ball was named Makoto Mirada, as seen on the screen, who also happened to be the top player at rank 126, and he had already started reeling the ball at people with lots of force, the others running away and screaming like chickens though seemed to purposely be missing every time. 

"AHH!! RUNNN"

"Quick, dodge!"

"He's missing every time, what a top player huh?"

"I wanna go home."

"Well too bad pip squeak, now lets play some tag!"

"Hm." Makoto put his hand to his chin in thought before lighting up.

"Well, I don't really know anyone here except for.." He begun before spinning around and pointing to you, a sadistic smile now replacing his features. 

He tilted his head and smiled sweetly, "You, M/n Kagami!" 

"Eh?" And before you could process what was happening, the ball was coming at you with super sonic speed, and hit you square in the face, enough force for you to go falling back.

The room encased with silence. 

Your nose was bleeding and the blood was dripping onto your hand while you sat there, looking down with a shadow covering over your face as the screen lit up again before switching to your name, ranking and a little chibi character.

Shidou blankly stared down at you before quickly looking away and covering his face, trying to hold back his laugh.

"Thanks. You made my life easier." You said, and at that, you stood up and walked into the corner of the room before sliding down the wall and sitting down in the shape of a ball, your knees against your chest.

"Huh?" Makoto said, eyes forming dots as he looked at you, smile still on his face though clearly very, very confused.

At this action is when Shidou finally cracked and he let his laughter out, tumbling down onto the floor and holding his stomach while you stared at him with a deadpanned expression.

"W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" One of the random guys asked in shock, several irk marks forming on his forehead as he rose an accusing finger at you.

"What am I doing? Clearly nothing to upset you"

"Stop wasting this opportunity, dammit! I was able to get in, but my friend wasn't so why the hell was someone like you invited here in the first place?!" 

You shrugged. "Have you ever thought about the fact that your friend maybe, just sucks?" You blatantly replied, no sorry in your voice as Shidou let out more silent laughter.

The other guy' eyes only grew more irritated as he slowly stepped towards you, the rest of the people in the room circling around, supposedly forgetting about the game of tag that quite literally held their soccer careers in its hands.

As he stepped closer, he ended up being eye level towards you, and thats when you quickly tipped your foot out and pushed the ball into the side of his leg, his name, ranking and chibi appearing on the screen.

20 seconds remaining.

Standing up, you casually walked over to Shidou, wiping your nose in the process as everyone quickly spaced out again, watching to see what this guy would do, if he even noticed he was 'it.'

15 seconds remaining.

There was barely any time left, and the person 'it' was still frozen, but that all ended when he let out an ear piercing scream.

"ARGHHH FUCK YOU FILTHY KAGAMI!" And the ball went every direction, banging against all of the walls, people diving to deflect it, though it was only going for one person, and that was M/n.

'Why am I the target for everyone..' You thought, slightly annoyed before Shidou suddenly spoke again, the soccer ball zooming dangerously close to him.

"HAH! All of you are pathetic if you're gonna run away from a ball," He said before jumping up and raising his right leg above his head before slamming it down, the pressure sending a literal shockwave through the room as the ball bounced with even more force along the walls, and finally hit the guy that had just thrown a temper tantrum, and only then did you look up at the screen.

Ryo Fukiyama. Rank 145.

1 second remaining.

"Soccer isn't just a game, it's a way of life, so embrace it!" He grinned, blush covering his face before you quickly went around his head to deliver a smack to his neck, which Shidou barely reacted.

"Calm the hell down you horny freak." You muttered to him, disgusted while his grin only widened. "We aren't even in an official game yet. At least save your load for when you're playing against some one who isn't a total nut job, and at least make sure he's not an ugly loser." You said to him, though the blush soon disappeared completely as another loud whistle resounded through the room, an indication that the game of tag was finally over.

This was perfect.

There was that Ryo guy out, who seemed to be the most hopeless out of the bunch. I mean, how are you gonna mourn about your friend - that isn't even in blue lock, might I add - and expect to win after listening to the whole speech about egoism?

It was sad.

Pathetic.

And this was also a great outcome to wrap this game of tag up as the only players who really stood out for doing something useful were Shidou and Makoto, so this should be just fine. No spot light on you, this is all going according to plan.

-

"Hm. Just what kind of ego are you hiding, Kagami.. M/n? I can see it whirling around in your eyes, bursting from its seams. Now just act on it." The man behind the screen grinned, eyes wide as he slurped his cup noodles before leaning down and letting out a sudden loud cough, arms banging against his throat.

"Ego-san? Ah?! Ego-san! W-wait, I'll get you some tissues, just hang in there!"

-

Tysm for nearly 1k reads like holy shit OMG!! Super fast update for you, also get ready because I'm probably just gonna skip over first selection since there isn't enough information for me to rewrite it, so get hyped for second selection WOoOOOOOO!! (maybe LMFAO