★ i. ★

music blasted from the practice room, shoes screeched against the hard wooden floor as she swayed and moved gracefully with the beat of the song. the song loud enough for the brown-haired girl not to hear anything beside it, and with pants and deep sighs, the song finally came to an end as she crouched slightly with her hands on her knees.

CLAP

CLAP

"AH, SHIT!" she jumped slightly, almost landing on her butt as she looked over to the source of the sound, a slight groan left her lips after realising who it was.

"that was SO good aera!" chris almost squealed as he did tiny claps while having a huge grin plastered on his face.

with both hands covering her now red face, she bowed and mumbled a quick 'thank you' before slowly looking up from her hands, only to find chris right infront of her this time with a bigger smile on his full lips, giving her yet another jump scare as he was just leaning at the door frame. but the older boy only giggled and held the girl in place by her shoulders, gently shaking her which only made her whine more and more.

"yah, yah! calm down, i need to talk to you about something very important!" chris whined too, desperately wanting to tell her about this seemingly important something. as aera understood the message, she calmed down but with a slight frown on her lips, and he finally let go of her.

"here? how about we go to the nearby café, yeah?" she looked around the room, then back at chris who nodded slightly with a small grin on his face, too excited to keep it away from his lips.

"fine, just hurry up!"

"okay, okay!" she quickly packed her stuff and took her phone with her, then tapped the older's shoulders. "let's go?" he asked as he linked his arms with her own. aera quickly nodded and the two started making their way out.

~

as they walked down the road, the busy streets and sounds of beeping and moving cars filled their ears, with chris humming softly as aera only listened, a small smile creeping on her lips. it wasn't an awkward silence, in fact it was comforting, the soft humming and the sounds of people were enough to make her feel quite happy, but she was with the bang christopher chan too, and that made her feel safe.

chan was like her older brother, and since all of her sibling were back at NYC, chan was more than happy to take that role here, in korea. he's helped her with dancing, singing and even social interactions with a camera and with actual people. she adores the fact that he's so passionate about being an idol, even after spending so many years as a trainee, he didn't give up and kept trying and trying, hoping to achieve his dream one day.

chris met her when she was only 14, she was sitting alone at a corner while looking at the other kids laughing and chatting after passing the auditions and becoming trainees. and the fact that she knew little to no korean didn't help at all, but then, chan appeared out of nowhere.

*FLASHBACK*

chris looked around smiling, the room was filled with happy young teenagers that finally got accepted as trainees into one of the biggest entertainment companies in korea. he already was a trainee for years now, but every time new trainees get accepted, he would usually go there just to see their happy faces. he looked around one more time, but this time, a little girl was sitting at a corner by herself, not communicating with anyone and was just sitting on her phone. and when curiosity got the best out of him, he got up from the ground and went to her.