15-Phasing out

He was staring blankly at the person in front of him. She was saying something he cannot comprehend. He could say she was trying her hardest to catch his attention which he think too flew outside the window moments ago when he saw the hurt expression Ysabelle wore when she left his office earlier.

He doesn't know why he's feeling that way. He barely know her and she's a complete stranger and a threat for him but he keep on asking himself why he was feeling so awfully guilty.

He kept on the denying the question of Luke which lingers in his mind the whole duration of his sitting inside the board room.

He heard someone cleared her throat and he was awakened by his deep thoughts. He involuntarily snapped on his seat and shyly scratch the back of his head.

Totally spaced out, alienated.

"Sir? What do you think about the presentation?" The woman-who was reporting earlier asked with a tensed smile.

He cleared his throat. Totally feeling the awkwardness that was lurking inside the four corners of the board room.

What's really happening to him? He was basically not the doofus kind of person but he was really acting like one.

"Sir?" Again she asked. He wanted to punch himself for he doesn't know what to react.

"Ms. Santillan, kindly send a hard copy of your report. I'll first study it and you'll hear my replication after. For now, this meeting ends here." He immediately stood up and made his way out of the board room.

Shit! I'm totally fucked up! Damn! He silently cursed.

On his way to his office, he was fighting himself whether to say sorry or just act normally in front of her.

All his life, he barely say sorry. It was fucking hard to say sorry! The fuck!

He caught a glimpse of Ysabelle, she stood up when she saw him advanced towards her direction.

Confusion filled him when he saw her smiling at him. Totally puzzled why she was acting that way.

"I'm glad you're back, sir. You have one last meeting with Mr. Nayati at Sushi Bars and grills at 3pm, sir." She informed him with enthusiasm.

He was still left speechless when she snapped a finger on his face.

"Sir? Are you okay?" I exhaled a mouthful of air and looked at her.

Siguro'y hindi niya narinig. Yes, wala siyang narinig.

"Yes, I am. Thank you. Kindly prepare the contract for Mr. Nayati, Ms. Etulle." He left her one last look before opening his office door and got inside.