33- Best Night

She couldn't stop smiling. Baliw na nga ata siya. Sobrang baliw.

After Rome stole a kiss from her ay hindi na niya mapawi ang kanyang ngiti.

Iwan nga ba niya't kakaiba ang hila nito.

Nagpatuloy lang ito sa pagluluto and minutes later served a mouth watering dish. He called it Like Ysabelle, delizioso.

Baliw talaga.

It was a chicken curry topped with creamy peas. Hindi siya mahilig sa curry but shr ate. And it was delicious. Never thought ut would be that good.

After dining, Rome took her to the receiving room and played a classic sonata.

Again, she never thought that he likes classic songs. It's so not him.

He turned on the fireplace, too. His house is a modern bungalow, indeed.

She took a sip on her white wine. Rome gave it to her after lighting the fireplace.

They were quite romantic. Rome was being romantic.

He cooked for her.

Took good care of her.

He never bore her.

"Tell me what were you thinking?" She gave him a sideway glance.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" Tanong niya.

"C'mon. I know that that pretty head of yours' been thinking and thinking and thinking." Sagot naman nito.

"Of course, ano pa ba ang dapat gawin ng utak?" Paulit niyang tanong.

"Wise witch." Napatawa siya.

He's cute.

"What I mean is that, I know you've been thinking about me." Her mouth formed an O. Yes, she's been thinking about him but never ever niyang aaminin ang bagay na iyon dito.

"You are such a conceited ass." He smirked.

"I know that already. Tell me something I don't know." Her heart palpitated.

Sobra talaga ang tiwala nito sa sarili.

"C'mon, mi bella." Dagdag na naman nito.

"Okay, okay." Pagsuko niya.

"What I've been thinking?" She teased.

He raised his eyebrows and hummed.

Natawa naman siya.

"They are just random, senseless things." She said.

"A-huh, am not buying it." Napapailing nitong sagot.

Now she's doomed.

She sigh.

"Okay. I am just thinking how and why you are hiding sa katauhang hindi naman ikaw." There it goes.

"Okay, now I'm curious." Umayos ito sa pagkakaupo and gave her a deep, sideway glance.

A glance that made her heart leaped.

"Look at you Rome, you're happy. You're carefree, you can do anything, you can even cook and you live here. A bungalow. A billionaire in a bungalow. Why? Bakit kailangan mong ipakita sa lahat that you're a ruthless bastard?" She looked at him.

"I am a ruthless bastard." He said softly.

She put the wineglass on the glasss table and cupped his cheeks. Warmth covering her heart.

"You are not." She answered softly.

"This is you, Rome. You can love, you know how to smile, to joke around. This is you, why hide it?" She asked while deeply looking into his eyes.