✩ Chapter 1 ✩

Word Count: 1519 words

The night wind blew your hair softly. It was a silent night in the countryside and the stars were twinkling beautifully in the sky. It was a perfect night for some peaceful stargazing... Or so you thought.

"K-kill me... Please..."

You let out a deep breath as you glared down at the demon which was laying by your feet. It was another ugly demon out for prey and was unfortunate enough to encounter a hashira like you. You had already cut off its limbs and all that was left was the head. Normally you would instantly go straight for the head and kill it off, but since it had the guts to disturb your peaceful stargazing moment you decided to make it suffer for a while. 

"Sure, I'll kill you in a bit. Chill out, will you?"

Demons had the ability to regenerate, of course, but this seemed to be a weak demon so it will take some time before it regenerates its severed limbs. You finally lifted your katana that you had pointed at the demon previously and got ready to end its life. 

"Star Breathing, first form. Little Star."

Now you could see a twinkle on the tip of your katana and as you sliced through the demon's head the twinkle got dispersed into tiny twinkles before it disappeared. The demon soon turned into ashes that were blown by the night wind. You stood there and sheathed your katana back in place. You sighed as you sat back on the soft grass and gazed back at the sky.

Ugh, thanks to that demon my mood is ruined. Why can't they just let me have a peaceful night?

Shaking your head, you stood up and began walking to the village you were currently staying at for a misson. Well, it wasn't really a mission, more like a usual checkup on small villages to make sure no more demons were present at the moment. You had decided to go back tomorrow so tonight would be the last night you would be staying there.

Obviously, you didn't feel like stargazing anymore and decided to eat something to lift your mood. You then spotted a ramen shop and entered it. It was lively inside and you spotted several people already getting drunk.

Sheesh, how carefree can they be? It's going to be their fault if they get eaten by demons tonight. Not that I care.

Rolling your eyes, you sat down on an empty table and gave your order to the waitress. While waiting for your ramen, you looked back at the drunk people and gave a little tch in irritation. However, your face turned into pale as you felt a strong presence from behind you, entering the very ramen shop you were in. It smelled like a demon, but it had a threatening presence that gave a shiver down your spine. You were trembling in fear with your eyes widened and you didn't even have the courage to turn around.

No way... An Upper Moon...? 

You knew how strong Upper Moons were as even some Lower Moons gave some trouble to powerful demon slayers over the years. Therefore, Upper Moons were sure to bring much more trouble than you could imagine. So you tried to calm yourself down and took a deep breath. 

Calm down Y/N... Don't overthink it... You got this, trust in your own strength.

Your overwhelmed thoughts were interrupted by the waiter who placed your bowl of ramen in front of you. You blinked a few times before smiling and saying thanks to the waiter. Once the waiter left your field of vision, you felt the same fear in your heart again. The presence seemed to get closer to you making you freeze in your spot, unable to think about what to do anymore. 

"I'm sorry miss, do you mind if I take the seat next to you? Everywhere else is full."

You quickly turned to your right and saw a man smiling at you. His words sent shivers down your spine as it sounded so gentle yet menacing. He was definitely taller than you and had plum red eyes. He was also wearing a white fedora hat which made you wonder why would anyone wear such a thing indoors. But you knew, he was the reason for why your heart that was beating in fear. You tried to plaster a fake smile and nodded at him.

It's better for me to comply for now rather than making a scene in such a crowded place. I don't want to put everyone in danger. I'll just confront him later on outside, I guess.

He then took the seat next to you as you thought on how to take him down. You decided to wait until he went out so it wouldn't cause a scene. You didn't want the innocent people to be his victim, after all. Although, you still felt reluctant to protect those drunk people who was singing their night away not knowing of the danger the man next to you had. 

Wait, wait, wait. What is he doing here? I thought demons hated human food. Why would he be coming to a ramen shop like this?? And does he know i'm a demon slayer? Oh no-

You quickly looked down and saw your katana partly hidden by the haori you were wearing. You let out a sigh of relief and covered it further with your haori. Little did you know, the man next to you recognized who you were already. He smirked as he pulled his hat down, covering his face while thinking it must be his luck to meet someone like you on a 'normal' night of his. Of course, he would love to kill a hashira such as you but he didn't feel like killing you straight off. Not yet. 

Remembering you might have a long night ahead of you, you took the chopsticks which was sitting next to your bowl of ramen and began eating. You tried your best to ignore the guy next to you but his presence was strong enough to make your hands tremble. Nevertheless, you finished your ramen and took out the money for your meal. You placed it on the table and glanced to your right. The man was simply sitting with nothing on this table and his chin was resting on his folded hands. He seemed to take notice of you and stared back at you. You were taken aback and quickly looked away before realizing your breath was uneven. 

Wait, he doesn't have any Kanji written on his eyes? I thought all Upper Moons have their rank written on their eyes, Oyakata-sama said so. If he's not an Upper Moon, what is he...?

You then heard a small chuckle from him and he stood up. You turned around to see the man already walking out of the ramen shop and without wasting another second, you stood up too and raced to him. You were definitely not letting a chance to kill a demon like him slip from your hands so you swiftly went outside and saw the man turning around the corner of the street. You followed him and when you turned, he was standing in the middle of the street looking at you. you took a deep breath and took out your katana. You did your stance and got ready for the fight ahead of you.

"In a rush, are we? are you so desperate to kill me?"

"Why wouldn't I? I don't know who you are but I know you're better off dead."

The man laughed and shook his head before taking his hat off. He bowed to you which made you raise an eyebrow at him.

"Shall we have introductions first? It would be a pity if you didn't know the name of your soon to be killer, after all."

"Think you got all the time in the world, huh?"

The man lifted his head but he body was still crouched down as he locked his plum red eyes into yours, making you feel goosebumps over your body. 

"As a matter of fact, dear, yes i do."

You scoffed at his words and took a step closer.

"I don't care for your little games."

The man stood back straight and placed his hat on his chest. He smirked at you.

"Well, you should. After all, you have the great honor of meeting the one and only demon king."

Your eyes widened in fear as you heard his words. Your hands began to tremble and sweat dripped down your face. 

WAIT, WHAT?! NO WAY-! IS THIS REALLY...

"Muzan Kibutsuji. It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N."

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER DONEEEE (〃^▽^〃) Idk if this book looks a bit rushed because I hate stories that paces too slow and it bores me xD But ofc, I won't make the reader instantly falling in love with Muzan because that would be way too unrealistic (⌒‿⌒) So anyway, I hope the details of each scene are quite clear since Ik I kinda suck at those ( ˙꒳​˙ ) Thanks for reading btw!! \(^ヮ^)/

P.S. Sry for the ppl who's reading using a phone, the emoticons might get cut off ( ; ω ; )