✩ Chapter 2 ✩

"Muzan Kibutsuji. It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N."

Your confident face turned into one with fear written on it as you took a step back and lowered your katana. Your worst fears had been confirmed and you were frozen in shock at the moment, not knowing what to do. Muzan seemed to take delight in your reaction and chuckled as he placed his hat back on his head.

"Oh? What's wrong, my lady? I thought you were confident to fight me earlier, no? Or is it because I knew your name? I'm no stalker, I simply did my research."

"I- I-"

The words you tried to speak up were stuck in your throat and you felt your body tremble all over. 

No, this isn't good... It's over...

You looked up and saw the moon with some stars sparkling in the sky. Your Star Breathing was one that would work well at night with enough natural lighting so a full moon and plenty of stars would be a great advantage for you.

Half moon, huh? I wished I had more light, but it's okay.

"Beautiful moon tonight, isn't it?"

Your eyes quickly darted back to Muzan who was also admiring the moon above. Although looking at the moon earlier gave you some comfort seeing the man in front of you again simply made your whole body tremble. 

"Trembling again? So pathetic, aren't you?"

You bit your lip as you tried to wash away the fear in your heart. Muzan then outstretched his right hand towards you, making you lift an eyebrow in confusion.

"I can help you with that fear of yours."

You scoffed at him.

"By turning me into a demon? No thank you, I'd rather die."

Muzan laughed at your comment and shook his head.

"What a pity, I thought you'd make a pretty companion."

"Oh, shut up already. I've heard enough, liar. Making me a demon wouldn't make me happy, it'll only make me trapped in my sadness."

"So that's what they teach you Demon Slayers? What a bunch of idiots. And how dare you call me a liar."

Muzan tensed up a little and you saw a vein on his forehead leaving you shaken.

"I may have lied in my lifetime but I'm honest about a few things. For example..."

You suddenly felt that Muzan's gaze on you softened which made you wonder about his true character.

"You really are pretty, Y/N. You look even more beautiful than the moon tonight."

You gulped as you closed your eyes and tried to calm yourself down despite the mixed feelings you felt. You took a deep breath and lifted your katana back into the stance position. Muzan scoffed at your actions.

"Still want to fight me even though it's useless? Idiot."

Without wasting another second you let out a war cry and lunged forward. You knew fighting would be pointless but you wanted to do everything you could until your death. 

"Star Breathing, 5th form. Starry Night."

You began to swing your katana swiftly making it covered in tiny glowing stars. With each move you took the stars began glowing brighter and you finally got in range to start your attack. You swung your katana to cut Muzan's left arm but he effortlessly dodged it. 

"Star Breathing, 3rd form. Shooting Star."

You decided to use a single efficient attack so you switched to the 3rd form which gave a slight boost to your katana so it could attack quickly. Still though, it proved to be fruitless as Muzan disappeared once you got close to attack. And before you knew it, you felt a sharp pain on your right leg, causing you to drop down and your katana fell next to you. You looked down at your leg and saw a vertical deep gash next to your shin bone. It was bleeding profusely and if it didn't stop soon, you'd bleed to death. 

"I'm still going easy on you, Y/N. If you're smart you would answer me with the answer I hope for. Do you want me to save you?"

You grunted as you tried to put pressure on your leg. 

"I told you, I'd rather die than be turned into a demon."

"Hmph, if that's what you wish for, I'll make it happen."

You suddenly felt a hit to your head and you fell forward with your forehead colliding to the ground. Muzan sighed as he looked at you and snapped his fingers making a demon appear in front of him. The demon bowed down and hung his head down. Meanwhile, your eyes were gradually closing and all you could see before you saw black was a demon with horns on his head kneeling down somewhere near you.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Kill her. I'd rather not get my hands dirty tonight."

The demon looked at your unconscious body and grinned.

"As you wish, my lord."

Muzan narrowed his eyes on the demon.

"Remember, you have no right to brag about killing a Hashira to the other demons. caught her. Not a word about this matter. Am i understood?"

"Of course, my lord. However, if I may speak..."

Muzan glared down at the demon in front of him but he didn't say a word. The demon then lifted his head and smiled devilishly.

"Maybe we could ask this Hashira on the blue spider lily...?"

"What makes you think she can receive such mercy?! We will not reveal our intentions to any human, understood?!"

"Yes, my lord. But we can make sure she doesn't escape afterwards. After all, I'm not saying that your efforts in the past hundred years are pointless, but I'm afraid we won't be finding the flower any time soon."

Muzan was now pissed off at the demon most obviously and a vein appeared once more on his forehead making the smile on the demon's face disappear.

"I wouldn't have let you speak but I'm feeling merciful today. But now I think that was a mistake since it will be the reason you'd be dead."

 The demon began to tremble and sweat dripped down his face. 

"M-my lord, I am simply trying to help... Not only the blue spider lily, we could ask her about the other Demon Slayers too..."

Muzan was about to give the demon the most painful death but he stopped. Why? He didn't know either but he felt like he should give some thought to what the demon said. He never does this obviously, since what others thought had no meaning at all. No one could question what he wanted to do, both human or demon. If they did, they would simply be digging their own graves. His thoughts and decisions are always indisputable. Or so he thought.

He wondered what made him out of character on this particular night. His mind raced back to the earlier small fight he had with you. Why was he so persistent on making you a demon when he could kill you easily? Why didn't he kill you? Why was he listening to the suggestions of a ugly lowlife demon? Why did he feel like he agreed on what he said? That's when he knew. He knew that he needed to keep you alive.

Muzan turned his gaze away from the demon towards your unconscious body and sighed. He knew doing this is definitely out of his ruthless character, but his heart was speaking out for once. 

"Fine. Take her to the infinity castle. Once she's awake, we'll make sure she answers us or she'll get a taste of what hell feels like."

A/N: Muzan-sama is srsly such a yandere, kidnapping us like that~ ( ̄ε ̄) Anyway, I hoped that the Muzan in this book isn't that OOC since it's really hard to make him like a gentleman and a ruthless demon at the same time xD And no the demon who's giving this very kind suggestion isn't Hantengu, if you're wondering. It's just a random low rank demon. Of course, a high rank isn't needed to kill a girl who's unconscious and can't walk. So yea i hope that clears up a lil bit and I'm sorry for the late update since I've been quite busy (//▽//) Let's hope I can write the next one ASAP tho!! ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ