✩ Chapter 9 ✩

Word Count: 1415 words

A few days passed by while you stayed in your new room and everything was just as usual. Except for the fact that you no longer saw Nakime but you only heard a knock on the door during mealtimes and when you opened it you only saw the food tray placed in front of it. You wondered what provoked her to hide her face from you but it didn't really matter since you didn't really feel lonely anymore.

Not since Muzan came over to your room everyday.

"Another day of researching?"

"Mhm."

You narrowed your eyes at the demon who simply sat across from you and you felt an angry aura around him. You shivered as his eyes looked up and glared straight to your soul.

Is he angry at me? What did I do??

To your surprise, his eyes turned soft and he gave you a small smile.

"I hope you're doing well, Y/N."

"Um, yeah. My leg is getting better. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did."

"Hm, that's good."

You then asked the question you asked every time he came but you were slightly hesitant to ask him that after seeing his temper. Nevertheless, it was always a good conversation starter.

"How's your day?"

Muzan's smile faded as he looked away.

"Fine."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Just fine...?"

He turned back to you with his straight face.

"Let's not talk about it."

You grinned.

"Met a Hashira last night?"

"No, it's not that."

You tilted your head in curiosity.

"Then what?"

"Like I said, let's not talk about it."

You sighed as you rolled your eyes.

"Fine, then we can stay silent for the rest of the day."

You crossed your arms and moved over near the wall to lean back on it. You narrowed your eyes at him, waiting for him to answer your question. Finally, he gave in and sighed before talking.

"Look, it's about my demons."

You put a fake sad face on and dramatized your speech.

"Oh? They died? That's so sad."

Muzan glared at your acting which made you smirk. 

"No, they're not dead. Not yet."

He stood up and clenched his fists. 

"They will die though if they never learn."

You let out a small laugh seeing how Muzan was troubled at this problem.

"Yeah, well, I hope they never learn."

Muzan glared at you before suddenly appearing right in front of you which startled you. Since you were kneeling on the floor he bent down towards you and your faces were only inches apart. You were afraid he was going to choke you or something so you tried to push him away to no result. 

"Move back you idiot, remember, no torture."

Muzan then leaned in closer till your noses were almost touching. He then whispered in his low voice which made you tremble.