✩ Chapter 8 ✩

Word Count: 1636 words

You were left again once more alone in your room as you tried to process what just happened. You were happy that you were given a chance to go back to your friends although you slightly doubted his words still, but you were more intrigued by his last words. You felt something bubbling inside you as you replayed the words in your mind. 

What the hell am I feeling now?

***Somewhere in the Infinity Castle***

What the hell did I just say?

Muzan groaned as he closed his eyes and bit his lip. He couldn't believe he said something like that. 

I should have left her half dead, but now I can't bring myself to even scratch her in the very least. 

He sighed as he tried to assure himself those words were just a slip of the tongue but he knew that deep down, it reflected his true feelings. 

***The next day***

You woke up to the sound of the door opening again. You were laying on the tatami mat on your side as you slowly opened your eyes. It seemed to be too early for breakfast though so you wondered who it was. Once you saw the outline of the fedora hat you immediately brought yourself up and moved backwards a little to lean on the wall. 

"What do you want?"

"I want to show you that I meant it with the proposal. Come with me."

You eyed him suspiciously as you tried to stand up. You held the wall for support as you tried to walk slowly towards him. You haven't walked for weeks with your injured leg so it hurt so badly and you couldn't keep your balance. After all, you had to drag yourself everywhere you went which was exhausting. But you knew it was getting better so why not try to see if you can use them now?

You tried to slowly let go of the wall as you attempted to balance yourself first but you stumbled forwards to your dismay. You cursed yourself quietly as you hung your head down with your hands under you for support. You then heard a sigh and footsteps coming towards you.

"Come on now."

You tilted your head upwards slightly as you saw his hand outstretched towards you. You rolled your eyes as you placed your hand in his and started to stand up once more. You then felt yourself being pulled up by a huge force which surprised you a little. You had to balance yourself to the quick movement so you tried to grip on whatever was close to you as you took deep breaths. 

You then felt eyes staring to you as you realized you were clinging on Muzan's shoulder. Your face was also so close to his which took you aback. You couldn't really tell if he was displeased or not but you let go of his shoulder as you didn't want any further problems. He then looked away abruptly which made you think he probably didn't like that. 

"Close your eyes, you might get dizzy."

"Huh?"

"Just do it."

You reluctantly obeyed as you closed your eyes and you felt the grip on your hand tightened. 

What's going to happen?!

You then heard the sound of a biwa and you felt something shifting around you. 

"Alright, you can open them now."

You peeked with one way and saw an unfamiliar room around you. You opened both of your eyes instantly as you looked around. It was definitely bigger than the room you were in and it had a decent lighting and furniture. There was a futon on the right side of the room and a table near it. There was also a wardrobe next to the futon and a door across it.