✩ Chapter 12 ✩

Word count: 1251 words

"Mitsuri?!"

You couldn't believe your eyes. Your best friend, all dressed up in a beautiful pink and green kimono, was standing in front of you. Her eyes began to water and she rushed to you before hugging you tight.

"Y/N!! I... I've been looking for you all this time!"

You smiled in disbelief. You couldn't believe you could meet her again. You hugged her back and closed your eyes as a tear rolled down your cheek. 

"Mitsuri... I've missed you..."

Mitsuri sniffled and lifted her head from your embrace.

"I'm so glad, Y/N! Everybody thought you were dead but I knew you were still alive! I don't know what happened to you but don't worry, we can go back now."

Your smile disappeared and you looked down at the green grass. This is your chance. Your chance to leave. But should you leave...?

"Mitsuri, I... I don't think I can leave."

Mitsuri's eyes widened in surprise and she gripped your shoulders.

"Why not?! Is someone threatening you, Y/N? That's fine, the three of us can take care of that."

You lifted your head in confusion.

"Three?"

Mitsuri suddenly blushed and looked away.

"Um, well, I came here with Iguro-san..."

You grinned at her words and gave a pat on her back.

"I guess things are working out between the both of you, huh?"

Mitsuri nodded slightly, her face still red.

"I guess... But now's not the time to talk about that."

She looked at you once more with a more serious face and pulled your hand as she began to walk towards the stands.

"We have to go now, Y/N. C'mon, we can meet up with Iguro-san at the candied apples stand and leave."

You were in a dilemma now. You knew this was a chance to be free. To leave that horrible place behind and come back to your friends. But as you thought about it, it wasn't a horrible place either. You had lots of fond memories there with Muzan. Besides, who knows what he'll do when he finds out that you're running away. You wouldn't want him to be hunting for you forever. You'd also be putting Mitsuri and Obanai in danger if you leave now. 

You stopped in your tracks which surprised Mitsuri and she looked at you with a puzzled face.

"Y/N...? What are you doing?"

You sighed and pulled your hand out of Mitsuri's reach. 

"I... I can't leave."

"What? What are you talking about?! Why not??"

"I don't want to get you involved in this matter, Mitsuri. I don't want anything to happen to you or Obanai because of me."

"This matter? I don't understand."

You closed your eyes for a moment while thinking on how to explain the situation to Mitsuri.

"Mitsuri, I was kidnapped by demons, alright? But you don't have to worry, I'm alright now."

Mitsuri held your hand as she checked your body for wounds.

"You were tortured by demons? Then that's why I should be with you! We're friends, right? And friends should always help each other!"