✩ Chapter 7 ✩

Word Count: 1326 words

You groaned as you ate another spoonful of your food. You didn't feel like eating, considering it hurt every time you bent forward to eat thanks to the small gash on your stomach. But you knew you needed to get your strength back, especially since the Demon King may be coming back any time soon.

To your surprise, the door opened as you took a bite of your shiozake and ate some rice with your chopsticks. You quickly swallowed the food in your mouth as you saw who came in. However, instead of taking deep breaths to get ready for the next ordeal you were choking thanks to the piece of salmon stuck in your throat. 

Damn it, guess I haven't chewed it enough yet.

You tried to either get it out but your attempts seemed to be futile. Muzan saw you trying to calm yourself down and patting yourself on your chest to get that annoying piece of salmon out. He raised his eyebrow as he came closer to you and once you saw him coming over, you scooted away, in fear of what he was going to do to you.

"Hey, c'mon now. I'm not going to hurt you."

You scrunch your eyebrows up, not believing what he just said and tried to speak up. 

"Oh yea? Aren't you goin to chok me up furter?"

Muzan scoffed as he heard your slurred words and knelt down next to you who continued to choke after forcing yourself to speak in that state. 

"I would never do such a thing, darling."

You rolled your eyes, but you did sense a hint of honesty in his words. This time, his words and actions were different. It was as if you weren't talking to someone dangerous but to someone with a sincere heart.

"Do you need help with that thing in your throat?"

You tried to give him an assuring face and a thumbs up with your right hand. 

"I-I'm fain...?"

He obviously didn't get convinced by your words and came closer to you. He then placed his right hand on your back and began patting it. 

"It's alright, get it all out. Come on, dear."

You tried your best to get it out and you felt a different sensation too. He was holding your back which had a huge bruise mark but it didn't sting. You felt warm and comforted. 

"You can do it, Y/N. Don't tell me you're going to die thanks to a piece of salmon, huh?"

His words which were spoken close to your ear made you tingle and shiver a little. You knew it wasn't because you were scared, it was something else you never felt before. But what is it?

Finally you felt it close to your tongue and with another choke it flew out. You sighed in relief as you took short, deep breaths due to how you were lacking oxygen earlier. Muzan then stood up and walked over to the other side of your table and sat down opposite of you.

"So? What are you here for? You're gonna choke me again since I'm fine now?"

"Of course not. This time, I'm not here for some violence."

"Oh really? That's so unlike you."

"Also, I actually wanted to come after you finished your meal but it seems like it was lucky I came earlier, huh? You should be thankful I didn't leave you to die."

You mumbled under your breath.

"Yeah, right. Thanks."

Muzan smirked upon hearing your response and you brushed it off by eating your dinner once more.