✩ Chapter 6 ✩

Word Count: 1704 words

***At the Demon Slayer headquarters***

"Oyakata-sama, what should we do? She hasn't been spotted since last week. She could be in danger!"

"Calm down, Mitsuri. We'll discuss this in the Hashira meeting shortly, okay?"

Mitsuri nodded before leaving the room. She had been extremely worried for the past week. After all, her best friend, Y/N, has been missing and no one has seen her since she had dinner at a ramen shop. She knew Y/N is strong and most likely alive, but she couldn't help but miss her. Even Obanai had tried to liften up her spirits by treating her to feasts almost everyday but she still felt hurt. 

"Mitsuri, where have you been? The Hashira meeting is about to start, you know."

Mitsuri's thoughts were cut off by the familiar muffled voice and she looked up to meet a pair of heterochromia eyes. She tried to wipe off the few drops of tears that fell with her haori and smiled softly.

"I was just talking to Oyakata-sama."

"Mitsuri..."

Obanai came closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. 

"I know how you feel. It must hurt you to lose your best friend."

"I have a feeling she's still alive. It may not be too late, Iguro-san."

Obanai then lifted his other hand and gently placed Mitsuri's head on his chest.

"I know. And you'll find her. For sure."

Obanai then leaned his head on Mitsuri's which caused her to blush profusely as she buried her head in Obanai's chest. This was just too much for her to handle. 

"Oi, Obanai! Quit flirting with your girlfriend! The meeting's about to start!"

Obanai quickly lifted his head from Mitsuri and looked up to see Sanemi giving him a glare. All the other Hashiras were standing near him, ready to greet Oyakata-sama when he comes. A hint of blush was obvious on Obanai's cheek despite the bandages and he instantly pushed himself away from Mitsuri, who looked at him in confusion. Then one of the children with white shoulder length hair who was standing near the door spoke up, making everyone rush to form a horizontal line.

"Oyakata-sama has arrived."

"Greetings, my children."

As always, every single Hashira would try to be the first in greeting the head of the Demon Slayer Corps and this time the Insect Hashira won.

"Ara ara, it's nice to see you in good health, Oyakata-sama."

"Thank you, Shinobu. Now, let us begin. I'd like to address a matter that has gone on for a week to start off. I'm sure you all have noticed the absence of the Star Hashira, no?"

"Hah? Wasn't she on a mission on some small village? Makes sense if she's still there."

"Well yes, Sanemi. However, she was scheduled to return 3 days ago and no one knows of her current whereabouts. I believe something might have happened to her."

The Hashiras began to talk among each other, wondering what sort of disaster might have befallen one of the most hardworking Hashira. Mitsuri, however, kept silent as she fought back tears. She missed her best friend so much but she didn't want to see her again lifeless. 

"Therefore, we will begin a search to find her. I believe it will be a dangerous mission, considering how one of our Hashira is unable to defeat the enemy."

"But what if she's already dead?"

Everyone glared at the Sound Hashira who looked around with an innocent look.