✩ Chapter 4 ✩

Word Count :1496 words

After a few minutes, the door opened once more and you heard someone coming closer to you. You couldn't see how they looked like, however, given how dark the room still was. Thanks to that you don't even know if it was morning or night at the moment. You don't even know how long you've been there for. 

"Are you keeping up okay?"

You sighed in relief as you heard a female voice. You felt relieved knowing that you didn't have some ugly male demon to take care of your wounds.

"Barely. My head's pounding so badly."

"I'll start by taking care of your wounds first."

She then lit an oil lamp which made your eyes hurt a little considering how long it has been since you saw some light. You blinked several times to adjust to the light as you felt a pair of hands gently touch your wound which made you wince a little and a wet towel was rubbed onto it to wash the wound. It was silent during the process which you didn't really mind but you missed talking to your friends so you spoke up.

"A-are you a demon?"

"Of course. My name is Nakime and I'd say I'm a high level demon. Although I'm not an upper moon yet, I work quite closely with them too."

You didn't know if you should feel comforted knowing a demon would want to converse with you or feel fear knowing this demon is a powerful one. Nevertheless, you decided it was better to pass time by talking to her as she treated your wounds.

"I'm sorry to ask but, how long have I been here?"

"You were out for almost a day and your interrogation took half a day so it's currently in the afternoon, two days after you left the village."

You were quite surprised you were out for so long. Perhaps Muzan knocked you out too hard.

"Two days?!"

"Yes."

You bit your lip and mumbled.

"Wow."

Nakime then placed a wet towel on your forehead to soothe your headache.

"I know you would love to be back with your Demon Slayer friends, but my lord needs some answers that he has been searching for over hundreds of years."

You wanted to retort by saying something like 'Oh, so he took hundreds of years to learn about a flower?!'  but you didn't want to make another enemy so you just hummed in response. Silence then took over once more before Nakime talked about something you never really thought about.

"Demons doesn't have such a bad life, you know."

"Oh? Don't you have to hide during the day and even at night you have to look out for Demon Slayers?"

"That is true but as someone who has lived for over a hundred years, I'd say it will go well as long as you obey the Demon King."

"Now that's the problem. I don't think everyone will listen to a leader who always wants everyone to obey him unless they want to get killed. I saw how he was earlier and I'm thankful the demon slayer leader isn't like him."

"But a kind leader doesn't always bring success, does it? I mean, just look at us. We've survived for hundreds of years under one leader while the Demon Slayers we've killed are under leaders who have fallen. I believe our lord knows how to keep us in this world and I appreciate his efforts for it even if he goes overboard."

You gave Nakime words some thought. That's how demons always view Demon Slayers as. You couldn't blame them, though, everyone would hate the person who kills them.